By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets another metacritic win (2012)

J_Allard said:
Too bad Sony rushed out broken Twisted Metal to dupe fans into buying it. With a working online mode it should have been the best game this year.

I'm suspect to talk about this, but after the last update online is fine and the splitscreen mode is great. For me, it was the best thing this year. But I completely agree that Sony shouldn't have rushed it.

Around the Network
torok said:
J_Allard said:
Too bad Sony rushed out broken Twisted Metal to dupe fans into buying it. With a working online mode it should have been the best game this year.

I'm suspect to talk about this, but after the last update online is fine and the splitscreen mode is great. For me, it was the best thing this year. But I completely agree that Sony shouldn't have rushed it.

Damage was done by the time they kind of fixed the game. Extremely small community, hard to even get into games. People moved on.

i once heard those downloadable games don't count (i think because otherwise if we talk about the whole library for 360 and ps3 it would look much better for the 360 with all the arcade and indie games as it looks without them^^)

but even if i am one of them who say arcade/indie games should also count i am not sure if people should compare retail games scores with games like trials or journey because they obviously get different scores for their lower price. if a game like journey or trials would be a full price title for 60 bucks they would never get a score of 92 or 90. i mean really, you compare a low price title score with full price game scores? what's next, free android games? those games get higher scores as they would get as full price title, that's very obvious and that's also the reason why they aren't full price titles, because they aren't worth as much money as let's say uncharted 3 which has almost the same score as journey.

Proclus said:

I've never liked Metal Gear Solid friend nor do I find it any sort of gaming achievement, so can only give you my personal opinion of it, sorry. LBP, like I said it's a good game but not a masterpiece (IMO!) GoW3 and UC2 and UC3 deserved it though, even if UC was not for me.

You played MGS4, UC2 and UC3 and didn't like any of them? I really don't understand that at all.

Journey is artsy and different, probably why its a GOTY nominee.

360 did have Trials Evolution and Mark of the Ninja, both not on PS3. And really......90+ is all the same thing. To bicker about the numbers within the elite group of games is petty.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Kynes said:
guiduc said:
Kynes said:
guiduc said:
Wow, I never really addressed that question but considering the subject and all its conditions, Wii won 2010 and 2011 with both respectively Super Mario Galaxy 2 (97) and Skyward Sword (93). Pretty pointless, isn't it?

It seems you didn't get the memo. Wii isn't a videogames console, it's a toy, so it doesn't matter, it can't win in any way.

I see!

May I address this question too (even if my sarcasm detector is ringing loudly here) just for the sake of experiment :

A toy is:

1. An object for children to play with.

2. An amusement; a pastime

3. An object designed to be played with

So if Wii is a toy, then this definition shall be applied to every entertainment system!! After all, a toy is meant for PLAYING ;)

No, guiduc, you are wrong. PS3 and X360 aren't for children, they are a way to relax for adult users after work. You don't play with PS3 and X360, you pwn other users on online matches. Look at the mini Wii, it can't conect to the series of tubes, so it's clear that it can't be used by a mature audience.

It doesn't matter how many points do Wii games have, they won't be considered.

How unfortunate...

J_Allard said:

AGREED

Ohh my seriously? Thats what you want to highlight?
How about this. Halo 4 sold more copies then every in 2012 released PS3 exclusive combined? I am no Xbox 360 fanboy but this is pathetic. Who gives a shit about Metacritic, sales are what defines gaming

AndrewWK said:
Ohh my seriously? Thats what you want to highlight?
How about this. Halo 4 sold more copies then every in 2012 released PS3 exclusive combined? I am no Xbox 360 fanboy but this is pathetic. Who gives a shit about Metacritic, sales are what defines gaming

lol, we already had this thread. It was stupid and despite it making the PS3 look worse, that statement isn't true.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Aldro said:

This is pretty much about metacritic.

If you hate metacritic for doing a game of you unjust or perhaps you think its stupid generally: Please save us the speech and get out of the thread.

Now,

For 4 years, Sony has had a title that gets a higher meta on the PS3 than its HD twin rival, MS with the X360.

In 2008, LittleBigPlanet got a score of 95 + Metal Gear Solid 4 at 94 whereas Gears of War 2 landed on 93.
In 2009, Uncharted 2 got a score of 96 whereas Forza 3 landed on 92.
In 2010, God of War 3 got a score of 92 whereas Halo Reach landed on 91.
In 2011, Uncharted 3 got a score of 92 + LittleBigPlanet 2 at 91 whereas Gears 3 / Forza 4 landed on 91.

And now:
In 2012, the year where Sony really had nothing, and MS has their biggest budget game of like ever, Journey comes out and lands on 92. The closest thing youll find here is Trials Evolution at 90 since even Halo 4 could not get a meta score to compete.

Discuss this pointless topic now. Is Sony paying the reviewers/site? Are the critics loving the PS3s games more due to their nature of innovation?

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

If you knew this topic was going to be pointless, then why would you make it?