By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 gets another metacritic win (2012)

Aldro said:
Proclus said:
Disagree with me if you will, but fucking undeserved, Journey definitely is not worth a higher score than Halo 4.

Sony deserved 09, 10 and 11 but 12 is a lot of bullshit.

Good day thread.

You almost had me until you excluded 08.

Should've really given us that to make your point more valid.

XDDD

LBP was decent fun, not a winner for me though as I said. @metacriticTrollerrImeanTurkish: Yes, and still like I said, definitely not worth a higher score.

Around the Network
Proclus said:
Aldro said:
Proclus said:
Disagree with me if you will, but fucking undeserved, Journey definitely is not worth a higher score than Halo 4.

Good day thread.

XDDD

LBP was decent fun, not a winner for me though as I said. @metacriticTrollerrImeanTurkish: Yes, and still like I said, definitely not worth a higher score.

Not a winner? Okay.

What about Metal Gear Solid 4? Put aside your personal feelings and recognize that MGS4 and LBP both were rather.. yeah. Critics sure acknowledged both. For you personally, you could have favoured all years in favour of 360, but thats not what I am getting at.

Proclus said:
Aldro said:
Proclus said:

Good day thread.

XDDD

Its definetly worth it, best gaming experience I had this year.

What is remarkable is that Journey to me, is a 9-10/10 game, hands down. But I for the life of me did NOT for one SECOND think it would get the reception it did.

I remember someone telling me about the game, and I was like "Yeh sure.. whatever seems cool lololol" and someone even called me on that! Then came the meta, 92. I was like WTF IS THIS GAME GOOD? So I got it and here we are now. So yeah, incredible!

Badassbab said:

I think there needs to be a new 'metacritic' type alternative site set up where only approved websites and mags get to feature their scores. As it stands Meta is a good indication of the quality of a game but it's not quite god enough. One game maybe based on 10 reviews and other on 90. Just too inconsistent.

But congrats to the PS3. It's handful of the very best exclusives do rule from a production value point of view at least (though not a fan of LBP myself as charming as it may be).

I think it's worth pointing out thought MS exclusives have way more replay value and hence better value for money. Just taking this year into account, Journey was probably my favourite game. But I've played it once. Halo 4 and Trials though....

That's exactly what metacritic is. They arbitrialy includes reviewers and then weight different places more than others in that same score. It's horrid that people use it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I agree.

Journey is a nice surprise this year for me... AAA and my personal GOTY.

Aldro said:
Proclus said:
Aldro said:
Proclus said:

Good day thread.

XDDD

Not a winner? Okay.

What about Metal Gear Solid 4? Put aside your personal feelings and recognize that MGS4 and LBP both were rather.. yeah. Critics sure acknowledged both. For you personally, you could have favoured all years in favour of 360, but thats not what I am getting at.

I've never liked Metal Gear Solid friend nor do I find it any sort of gaming achievement, so can only give you my personal opinion of it, sorry. LBP, like I said it's a good game but not a masterpiece (IMO!) GoW3 and UC2 and UC3 deserved it though, even if UC was not for me.

Not only is a 'Metacritic win' perhaps the most meaningless and futile accolade in the history of everything but you really think people don't like Metacritic because they think it's 'gay generally'... really. So it has nothing to do with weighted averages, dumb colour-coding, huge inconsistency with number of reviews used per game, lack of quality control regarding publications scores that are used and a completely wrong conversion system (e.g. an A* is a 10/10 not an A). 

People who use review aggregates to attempt to objectively claim one game is of a higher quality than another are an embarrasment to all gamers, if you look at review averages to aid your decision on buying a particular game (you should use the far superior GameRankings) then fair enough but this thread is ridiculous.

Dahum said:
the games speak for themselves.

This

Turkish said:
Kynes said:
Turkish said:
Proclus said:

Good day thread.

Did you play Journey? You should play it before saying it doesnt deserve a higher score than Halo 4.

There is no game out there as beautiful as Journey, its unique, it makes you emotional, the controls are so smooth.

It reminded me why I love gaming.

You don't have to explain it, we already knew what meta user score you gave to this game...

What are you saying?

Dont play dumb. Or do I have to remind you with a thread?

Yay!!!