Tagged games:

Did you like Mario in HD?

Yes. 104 79.39%

No. 8 6.11%

See poll. 19 14.50%

Total:131
TheKingofRedLions said:
Roma said:
can U play 5 characters at the same time?

Yes, four players using wii remotes to control characters; and one person using the gamepad placing boost blocks

so I can't play as character when using the Gamepad while playing with 4 other players then :(

DAMN IT!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Just fully completed story mode and got all five stars on my profile. This game really should have been called New Super Mario World, as it really feels like the true successor to that game.

I don't like giving scores to games until a couple of months after I've played them to let the high wear off a bit, but I'd definitely give this game either a 9 or a 9.5 (both of which are very rare achievements from me, particularly the latter). Absolutely brilliant. Now, I'm off to the other modes...

Best 2D Mario since SMW in my opinion.

Only thing that kills me about it is the music was OK, but could've been done better. C'mon, Nintendo spend a few bucks.

The ice world totally took me back to Christmas 1991 when the Super NES launched with Super Mario World though. Such a great feeling.

To tell you the truth, I think Nintendo has something bigger planned for Mario on a 3D level and this was just a filler to have a first party game out through the gate. Im calling it now within two years time. I will have this game though, brings back memories of childhood to watch it. I am going to wait for stronger exclusives though.

This game would have been perfect if:

1. It had the drop down item box that was present in SMW
2. You could bring grown yoshies with you to every map.
3. There were more secrets that had cooler effects
4. They stopped making Bowser seem like a p**sy and made him halfway intimidating like in the past.

Around the Network

I love the talk of challenge mode...etc in the previews I've been watching.

archbrix said:
Solid-Stark said:
TheKingofRedLions said:

I still haven't tried one of those P acorns

Same here. My guess is they work similar to 3D Land's Power Wing, which takes you to the end of the level.

No, nothing like that.  It's not a cheat method; it's basically just a squirrel suit with the ability to keep flying that makes it much easier to get hard to reach star coins, pipes at the top of the screen, etc.

Good to know! Thanks.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

World 6 star coins have been the hardest to get so far, needed to consult online 3 times (although i should have known better on the "back-door-to-the-castle" thing). What was the deal with the one on the roller coaster that required you to chain stars that you didn't even know were there unless you had a star already?

Shifting-Floor cave's was absolutely insane. Those damn bats make it very easy to get stuck in the middle of the level, and i pissed away 15 lives before i resorted to the Super Acorn to get that last one, knowing what i should do with it (and the shell), but i had given up.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
World 6 star coins have been the hardest to get so far, needed to consult online 3 times (although i should have known better on the "back-door-to-the-castle" thing).

That's the one star coin that I had to look up how to get.  I too should have known better due to my SMW experience...

What was the deal with the one on the roller coaster that required you to chain stars that you didn't even know were there unless you had a star already?

I kinda figured this one out by accident, and put it together because there was simply no other way to get it.

Shifting-Floor cave's was absolutely insane. Those damn bats make it very easy to get stuck in the middle of the level, and i pissed away 15 lives before i resorted to the Super Acorn to get that last one, knowing what i should do with it (and the shell), but i had given up.

Ditto.

so far I am in love with it!

Switch!!!