By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lets Discuss New Super Mario Bros U

Tagged games:

Did you like Mario in HD?

Yes. 104 79.39%

No. 8 6.11%

See poll. 19 14.50%

Total:131

World 9 has had some pretty amazing stuff so far. Oddly i found the triple-Lakitu stage to be the easiest, and the "Run for it" stage by far the hardest. Made a stupid mistake at the end of the castle, so i haven't gotten through there yet, and there's a 9-9!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I agree with Mr. Khan, I still have 4 star coins missing in World 6. That area gave me the most trouble with Star Coins. Thank for telling me how to get the one on 6-6, I figured you had to chain stars since it's otherwise impossible to get the last one.

- On 6-5, I'm missing the 2nd star coin. Have no idea where it is.
- On 6-mini castle 2, I'm missing the last one.
- On 6-fortress, I'm missing the last one as well.

Hints, welcome. Don't spell it out, let me have some satisfaction.

Also, I missed the last star coin on the Meringue Clouds airship. Is it lost forever? Can't be right? Because the damn thing crashed.  Nevermind!

Kenology said:

I agree with Mr. Khan, I still have 4 star coins missing in World 6. That area gave me the most trouble with Star Coins. Thank for telling me how to get the one on 6-6, I figured you had to chain stars since it's otherwise impossible to get the last one.

- On 6-5, I'm missing the 2nd star coin. Have no idea where it is.
- On 6-mini castle 2, I'm missing the last one.
- On 6-fortress, I'm missing the last one as well.

Hints, welcome. Don't spell it out, let me have some satisfaction.

Also, I missed the last star coin on the Meringue Clouds airship. Is it lost forever? Can't be right? Because the damn thing crashed.  Nevermind!

For 6-5, you'll note that there are very few holes in the ceiling.

Mini 6-2, keep going up, even when you think you can't.

Not sure what you mean by 6-fortress. Fort 1, or the castle?

Thanks!

And the big fortress with the Koopaling.

Kenology said:
Thanks!

And the big fortress with the Koopaling.

There's no way i can even hint at it without making it obvious. How would you get to the place under the red door?

My trouble currently is the second star coin of "Hammerswing Caves," the third of "Spinning Platforms of Doom," and, well, everything in Pedulum Castle

Using the P-Acorn COMPLETELY breaks the "Run For It" stage (didn't need it to beat the stage, but it allowed me to net all three star coins in a second run). As Blue Baby Yoshi does in "swim for it." Thank you, random Miiverse poster.

Around the Network

Me and my brother beat the main game :)

Mr Khan said:

Made a mistake with this one.  I meant the second mini - Screwtop Tower.  Need the last star coin.

And I'm assuming for Roy's Conveyor Castle, you mean the blue door?  I know that last star coin is past it, I'm just not sure how to get over there...

Kenology said:
Mr Khan said:

Made a mistake with this one.  I meant the second mini - Screwtop Tower.  Need the last star coin.

And I'm assuming for Roy's Conveyor Castle, you mean the blue door?  I know that last star coin is past it, I'm just not sure how to get over there...

It's so obvious once you figure it out that you'll kick yourself. I know i did when i had to look online. Think outside the confines of the area you're working in.

Currently i'm all sweaty from trying for 9-8 star coin 3. Really, i just need to find that ratty Nabbit again (and in a stage i can actually catch him, unlike Urchin Shoals) and get my hands on another P-Acorn. I could tear that stage a new ass with a P-Acorn, now that i've got the whole level memorized.

Mr Khan said:
Kenology said:

It's so obvious once you figure it out that you'll kick yourself. I know i did when i had to look online. Think outside the confines of the area you're working in.

Currently i'm all sweaty from trying for 9-8 star coin 3. Really, i just need to find that ratty Nabbit again (and in a stage i can actually catch him, unlike Urchin Shoals) and get my hands on another P-Acorn. I could tear that stage a new ass with a P-Acorn, now that i've got the whole level memorized.

For which one, Screwtop Tower or Roy's Converyor Castle (or both O_o)?

Kenology said:
Mr Khan said:
Kenology said:

For which one, Screwtop Tower or Roy's Converyor Castle (or both O_o)?

The castle. If you want to get in the back of a building, how do you get there?