By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Has a movie ever changed the way you think about life?

Stalker, my favorite movie, really makes me wonder what my wish would be.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

This movie changed my perception on religion, Muslims and the world in general.

The main plot about the love story and the kid is, without a doubt, masterful; however, this phrase in this little scene changed everything:

“There are only two kinds of people in this world, good people who do good deeds, and bad people who do bad.”

This phrase carried on through the whole movie and impacted me in a way no book, speech or any form of media could have. Hell, my recent views towards religion were heavily influenced by this movie alone.

I also had this pretty distorted view about the Muslims before watching this masterpiece, which also changed dramatically. After all, there are good Muslims and bad Muslims, as well as good Christians and bad Christians.

Indeed, it is my most favourite movie.  No stupid CGI or 3D but just an amazing story that brings you through so many different emotions that you will feel a different person at the end of watching it..

Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl made me realise how much I really, really, reeeeeeeeeeally love Japan.

The Matrix, Avatar, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars all had major political and social messages that affected me in one way or another. Pixars Up reminded me of why finding someone special is so important and why you must live your life to the fullest at the same time.

Around the Network

Not really on their own. However, when I was a shy teenage beginning my dating life, Titanic was a big catylist that led to several romantic firsts. Titanic probably changed how I behaved towards women, and changed my confidence of what I could actually get away with. I am still thankful that the movie came into theatres when I was a young teenage guy, it was like the czar bomba of romance flicks.

Other than that, Candyman made it so I didn't want to go in a dark washroom for like 2 years.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Emmanuelle 1 through 7 really changed my life.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

changed the way i think about life,no

but i love films/cinema and the stories they tell/escapism they provide

Above & Beyond

It's a Wonderful Life. Counsellors don't share it with their depressed clients because it would put them out of business.

Yes, Jack and Jill made me realize there is no hope for man kind.