By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: PS4 Launch Date Is October Or November 2013

Tagged games:

maverick40 said:
Dodece said:
Well I suppose that puts an end to the whole argument about him knowing what he is doing. I thought it was his job to be knowledgeable, and he doesn't seem to be any more informed then your typical console fanatic. Seriously is this what it boils down to for him. I mean would it have killed him to do a little bit of digging. Seriously consoles do not materialize out of thin air. They are manufactured in factories in real places. That kind of thing leaves a paper trail to follow. Long before manufacturing even commences.

He has more contacts within the industry than any of us will ever dream of having.

But almost all his predictions are totally wrong. It seems his contacts make jokes with him and don't tell him the truth?

Around the Network

- 4GB RAM, 1.8 TFLOP AMD GPU (28nm) on APU design, x4 USB 3.0 slots, Blu-Ray drive.

- $399.99 base (32GB flash), $499.99 Deluxe (1TB HDD + game included).

- HDDs are now proprietary Sony brand, flash drives up to 64GB are supported.

- GoogleTV functionality.

- Can wirelessly send a video signal to Vita or smartphone screen or tablet (iPad, Nexus, etc.) for off-TV play.

- New Dual Shock Move controller, splits apart and can be used like a dual handed Dual Shock, or recombined to function as a regular Dual Shock pad. Has a smaller/sleeker PSEye camera that supports 720p video.

- November 2013 Launch Date. Battlefield 4, Cod Modern Warfare 4, Grand Theft Auto V, Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs, Ridge Racer, as launch titles, 2-3 titles from Sony internally. Uncharted Trilogy HD coming in 1080P HD.

Soundwave said:

- 4GB RAM, 1.8 TFLOP AMD GPU (28nm) on APU design, x4 USB 3.0 slots, Blu-Ray drive.

- Can wirelessly send a video signal to Vita or smartphone screen or tablet (iPad, Nexus, etc.) for off-TV play.

- New Dual Shock Move controller, splits apart and can be used like a dual handed Dual Shock, or recombined to function as a regular Dual Shock pad.

- November 2013 Launch Date. Battlefield 4, Cod Modern Warfare 4, Grand Theft Auto V, Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs, Ridge Racer, as launch titles, 2-3 titles from Sony internally. Uncharted Trilogy HD coming in 1080P HD.

Sounds plausable. One thing Sony must ensure is that they get the Orbis out before the NextBox. If not, then Sony have little hope. 

maverick40 said:
Soundwave said:

- New Dual Shock Move controller, splits apart and can be used like a dual handed Dual Shock, or recombined to function as a regular Dual Shock pad.

Sounds plausable. One thing Sony must ensure is that they get the Orbis out before the NextBox. If not, then Sony have little hope. 

I think they're both on a collision course to launch next November. Should be interesting, first time Sony and MS have directly launched against each other.

Oh yeah, I'll add this -- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, PS4 launch title (higher spec version timed exclusive for PS4 launch window, also available on PS3/360). MS will counter with some huge announcement of their own.

I don't think ps4 will be launching in 2013, maybe in E3 13 sony and m$ will show they next gen project. And I don't think both of sony and m$ will launch in the end of 2013.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
maverick40 said:
Soundwave said:

I think they're both on a collision course to launch next November. Should be interesting, first time Sony and MS have directly launched against each other.

Oh yeah, I'll add this -- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, PS4 launch title (higher spec version timed exclusive for PS4 launch window, also available on PS3/360). MS will counter with some huge announcement of their own.

Hmm Maybe a Halo 4 higher spec version. Micrsoft screwed themselves over for a Halo 5 at launch.

kain_kusanagi said:

I fully expect to see both PS4 and Nextbox next holiday season. I don't think Sony wants to do it, but they can't afford to let both Nintendo and MS get a head start. MS wants to own the living room and now even Nintendo is getting in on that action. MS needs to launch in 2013 even if they have shortages. The Xbox 360 had shortages and it worked out just fine. Nothing is going to stop MS from trying to control the living room and Sony knows they have to be there with them.

360 had shortages and was fine because they were all alone for a year so people had nowhere to go, and Wii also had shortages at various times. And PS3 lagged for so long that 360 shortages didn't drive people to PS3, at least not until the 2009 PS3 revival.

Things are gonna be much tighter this time round, with Wii U being first to market and PS4 probably not priocing itself out of contention. If neither Wii U or PS4 have shortages and Nextbox does then that will have a bigger effect on Nextbox than any of the 360 periods of short supply.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

i'm not sure sony can win in america anymore which makes life difficult so they better get the rest right,i think nintendo will find out how tough life can be battling microsoft in the usa this time round

Above & Beyond

fauzman said:
cusman said:
fauzman said:
He isnt saying anything that most people arent already thinking. I tend to agree - I think the ps4 will release late next year. The question is whether the durango will also release then, or in 2014.

Durango is much further along than Orbis. They only need 1 software for the Xbot fans to rally around and buy the hardware

Orbis on other hand needs many IP appealing to different parts of broader Sony fanbase to really move hardware. What games could be in development and ready to release in 2013 for a PS4?

The Last of Us from Naughty Dog | PS3 2013

Beyond Two Souls is from Quantic Dream | PS3 2013

Killzone from ??? | PSV 2013

God of War Ascension from Sony Santa Monica | PS3 2013

Fuse from Insomniac | Multi-Plat 2013

The Last Guaridan from Team Ico | PS3 201?

That Puppet something game from Media Molecule | PS3 2013

What does that leave? Sucker Punch? They either working on inFamous 3 which doesn't make sense to me or something brand new for PS3 or PSV or PS4. 

Do you start to see the problem? If all the best developers for PS3 are still busy with PS3 or PSV titles... than even if they have secondary teams prototyping things for PS4, shouldn't expect new high quality games in 2013 from a PS4 that launches in that year.

I dont see why what you have said means they couldnt be working on ps4 games. Naughty Dog are likely working on UC4 and if this doesnt come out next year, it will very likely be out in 2014. GG are rumoured to be working on the 4th Killzone title. As you have mentioned Sucker Punch are working on something - it will almost certainly be something for the ps4 either Infamous 3 or some other title. The Last Guardian could be reasonably easily be shifted to the ps4 if delays continue and all of the titles you have mentioned above could probably be easily ported to the ps4. Some of the other developers  you havent mentioned could also be working on ps4 games. There is a lot we dont know so I think you are making large guesses without knowing. Sony made this mistake with the launch of the ps3 of not having enough titles. With the Vita, they clearly recognised this mistake and made sure there were a ton of titles at or near launch. I think it will be the same with the ps4 - they wont make a mistake of having too few IPs. 

Don't forget Guerilla Games is also working on a new IP (not killzone) and I think Media Molecule is also making another game that they haven't announced yet. Also I think he forgot that Naughty Dog is two teams now so one is doing the Last of Us and i'm almost certain the other one isn't just sitting around doing nothing. Stig Asmussen is from Santa Monica and it's been confirmed that hese working on a brand new ip as well. People just think that because Sony is releasing so many new exclsives in 2013 this means that they won't even announce or acknowledge that there is a PS4. Sony knows what they're doing with their exlcusive titles. I'm not worried about them in that department, they have amazing exclusive games for a video gaming console. What more could you want =P

Id expect a Holiday 2013 release for Japan with it releasing elsewhere Q1 2014. Hopefully it can be out for 2013 everywhere though.

Naughty Dog have 2 teams. One is working on TLoU, the other will be Uncharted PS4.

Polyphony Digital will be working on GT6. They will have been working on it since before GT5 released and using the GT5 engine. All cars will be premium, all features will be there but the UI/Menus will have taken a Forza-like update.

Guerilla Games are working on Killzone 4 and a new IP. One if not both will be on PS4.

Sucker Punch will be working on something. No idea what.

The Last Guardian will be ready for PS4 in the Year 2017.