By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

It's marketing speak, lying is expected. Never believe what politicians or corporate executives say during interviews. It's like a law. These things don't bother me, they're just advertisements. Still, don't Nintendo fans always rip Sony reps for the silly boasts they make now and then? Not that some of the comments haven't deserved it but I see no reason to bend over backwards to defend this now.

Those were some good questions from CNN, though. I was surprised. She started off with a zinger, too.

Did he really say that the gamepad could be used anywhere in the house? I didn't notice that in the interview. If he did, to me that would be much worse than the CoD comment, as there are a lot of people that wouldn't be true for. Houses with the living room on one end and the bedrooms on the other are common and from what people have said there is no way it would work in my room. That would be misleading in a way that actually mattered and I could see people being justifiably angry over it.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Chandler said:

He said the game looks better. It indeed does look better than the PS3 version, the DF comparison says this. Reggie didn't say anything about performance. Yes, the "dramatically" was overselling. Guess it's the new 4D, huh?

Theres arugments about DF installing the textur pack. Most think they didn't.

Speculation is speculation. Either way, both running from the disc is what I consider "equal grounds". Especially since there is a 12GB PS3 model on the market.

Many owns have said it's on par with the xbox version. Just because there might be a hand full of 12gb in one region doesn't mean you can discount millions of other ps3 that can handle the install which im sure the 12gb can. Far ground is anything the console can do. PS3 you can load a texture pack, Not the ps3 fault it didn't happen on other consoles.

pokoko said:
It's marketing speak, lying is expected. Never believe what politicians or corporate executives say during interviews. It's like a law. These things don't bother me, they're just advertisements. Still, don't Nintendo fans always rip Sony reps for the silly boasts they make now and then? Not that some of the comments haven't deserved it but I see no reason to bend over backwards to defend this now.

Those were some good questions from CNN, though. I was surprised. She started off with a zinger, too.

Did he really say that the gamepad could be used anywhere in the house? I didn't notice that in the interview. If he did, to me that would be much worse than the CoD comment, as there are a lot of people that wouldn't be true for. Houses with the living room on one end and the bedrooms on the other are common and from what people have said there is no way it would work in my room. That would be misleading in a way that actually mattered and I could see people being justifiably angry over it.

I was surprised too.Much better than the usual interviews with traditional gaming sites.

As for the whole Reggie debate, there´s a post on GAF I agree with, here:

This is the reason why Reggie is a poor fit for Nintendo right now, and is a jarring contrast against Iwata.

Has Iwata, seriously, ever said anything that's a bald faced lie, or is purely empty hyperbole? (Note: Iwata being merely optimistic doesn't count. I'm talking outrageous lies and misdirection.)

Even if he's said something questionable in the past, it's nothing like Reggie's marketing attitude. Iwata = down to Earth and outright admits when they've made an error in judgement. Reggie = forward unto dawn all guns blazing throwing grenades even if everyone is on fire and has their legs blown off at the kneecaps.

His style of mindless confidence and aggressive promotion was appropriate during the heyday of the Wii. Nintendo had to take advantage of their sudden success with the mainstream market and being a household name with Americans once more. Reggie is a big beefy American guy who looks the part.

These days, Reggie is an ill fit because he looks insincere and deceptive to the tech and geek crowd that Nintendo is once again diverting a significant amount of attention to.

As for the CNN interview: that's what you get when the journalist isn't afraid of going off-script and getting their publication banned from attending events and securing interviews by Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and big game publishers.

Reggie: Igniting those console war flames since 1995.

I had to stop watching after Reggie's first response because it was difficult to listen to. I hate hearing dumbdumb marketing lingo from Reggie. >:(

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Chandler said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Chandler said:

He said the game looks better. It indeed does look better than the PS3 version, the DF comparison says this. Reggie didn't say anything about performance. Yes, the "dramatically" was overselling. Guess it's the new 4D, huh?

Theres arugments about DF installing the textur pack. Most think they didn't.

Speculation is speculation. Either way, both running from the disc is what I consider "equal grounds". Especially since there is a 12GB PS3 model on the market.

Many owns have said it's on par with the xbox version. Just because there might be a hand full of 12gb in one region doesn't mean you can discount millions of other ps3 that can handle the install which im sure the 12gb can. Far ground is anything the console can do. PS3 you can load a texture pack, Not the ps3 fault it didn't happen on other consoles.

So now having to install texture packs to keep up with competition is a plus. Got it. Fair ground is anything the comsole can do. Ok I guess we wait for the Wii U to mature for 5 years so both consoles are maxxed out in their capabilities. Wouldn't be fair ground otherwise, right?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Reggie should have used the opportunity to give first week numbers to show that the system is selling, opportunity missed.

He said "Throughout the household" when talking about people using netflix and other non-game media parts of the system
Household means people who live in the house - not the physical house.

Does anyone have a link to the comparison reg might be talking about? I haven't seen anything "dramatic" yet.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

He should have said " 3rd party games SHOULD look much better in our system"
He didnt take in count lazy devs trolling Nintendo

Its a shame thats not true. If anything, they look slightly worse.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords