By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What/How/Why PC gaming?!

Don't know if this is a joke, but the reason why I use PC over the PS3 and 360 is mainly money. Games in country can cost up to $100, so buying games at $60 (or cheaper like Steam sales) is like a dream to me. Don't care much about the graphics or using the mouse+keyboard.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

because i can

morenoingrato said:
RolStoppable said:
People game on PCs, because they can't afford an HD console.

Hahaha! Gosh, you nailed me.

I like the Nintendo + PC combination, you get the best exclusives out there AND the good third party games.

PC+PS3 is the way to go.
You can emulate the Wii with a decent PC so you don't need a Nintendo Console.Xenoblade in 1080p+ tons of stuff like high AA and so on = awesome
But the PS3 Exclusives aka the best variety and quality in console gaming is only playable on an actual console.
And of course most Console Multiplats are only available on PS360 and not on a Nintendo System(talking about the PS360+Wii Gen and not WiiU)
With PC+PS3 you have everything covered you need.

Why PC Gaming?
Cause this is the System where Skill really can be messured.
Sorry CoD nor Halo take any skill but Starcraft,LoL,Dota and stuff are really ProGamer games.
And even for "Casuals" there is so much to offer - Shooter Controls are so much better.Multiplats look usually so much better and games are cheaper thanks to Steam.Mouse+Keyboard is so much more efficient and better.And there is no discussion about preference and what you are used to...M+KB will always be better for Shooters and RTS.Even for games like Skyrim or the new Hitman it is far more fluent.For racing games you play with a wheel but thats the same on consoles otherwise you are NOT doing it right.Fighters have to be played with an Arcade Stick....So why do we need Gamepads at all?Oh year for Sportgames and Console Exclusives.
Mods for PC Games are an other reason - For example > Skyrim with 100 mods(look it up) is reason enough.This looks already better than Elder Scrolls 7 will.
GTA4 with Mods looks far better than GTA5 and so on.Of course not every game has the option to be modded but a lot do and they add so much to the games(Quests,Towns,Weapons,Graphics,Enemies etc you get the point)
And no PCs aren't expensive if you look a little bit around.Buy a new PC around 3-5 years into a Console Gen and you have no problems till 2 years after the next Gen started.My PC is now 3 years old,can run BF3 Ultra Settings on Max with ease and will still max out games 2 years after the PS4/Nextbox are released.

I'm probably about a 50% PC gamer, though there are periods where it's probably more like 75%. You lose simplicity with PC gaming and the ability to trouble-shoot easily. However, the positives are pretty major and there are a ton of them. Mods that dramatically improve a game, more variety, infinitely superior control for some genres such as RTS, and lower prices are just a few off the top of my head. And yeah, I know the intent behind this thread but I decided to answer it seriously anyway.

http://www.thegamescabin.com/5-reasons-pc-gaming-is-better-than-consoles/ decent list

Around the Network

To emulate games, of course. Legality and structure is boring and inconsequential. ;)

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I don't know why people game on PCs either, it's huge, draws a ton of power, and is expensive as shit, like, who the fuck do people think they are gaming on PC calling themselves the master race and shit? I bet nobody has touched their denim fruits for 1000 years! Not to mention dual analog is obviously superior to KBO+Mouse for shooters brah!

Its simple

Its better and your are rewarded with better graphcs, better multiplayer and the ability to upgrade and make it your own

man-bear-pig said:

I don't understand why people game on PC's. There's no controller and you have to use a shitty keyboard or is there a controller? It makes no sense.

if asking seriously its most likely price and or graphics. My pc is pretty old, but i still get better graphics on it than my 360. Games are also much cheaper (at least for me) using steam sales. Steam has made pc gaming alot freindlier in my opinion. It organizes all of your games, makes it easy to redownlaod or back up games, and now has steam saves so you can play your games from other computers. I also use a 360 controller for most games so its basically like playing on a 360.

Fuck it... I'm getting a gaming rig. It's just so much cheaper.

4 ≈ One