By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What/How/Why PC gaming?!

Some games are better if you use a mouse/keyboard such as FPS. Plus there are many programs out there that allow you to connect your ps3/xbox controller to your PC then you can play using a controller. If you use a controller it's like playing on a console except better graphics and fun mods to play around with.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Scoobes said:
pezus said:
Not sure if you're joking or not...

He's an Apple fan... probably serious.

If you actually took your time to take a dig at Apple fans in a totally unnecessary and off-topic manner, he is probably far smarter than you.

Considering this is almost certainly a joke thread, and considering the users post history with Apple products, it was about the right level of intelligence for the thread.

man-bear-pig said:

I don't understand why people game on PC's. There's no controller and you have to use a shitty keyboard or is there a controller? It makes no sense.

Most games support controller but keyboard and mouse are fine for gaming. Try any FPS or strategy game on PC and you will be see, these games actually benefit from keyboard and mouse instead of controller

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
man-bear-pig said:

I don't understand why people game on PC's. There's no controller and you have to use a shitty keyboard or is there a controller? It makes no sense.

Most games support controller but keyboard and mouse are fine for gaming. Try any FPS or strategy game on PC and you will be see, these games actually benefit from keyboard and mouse instead of controller

TPS as well. I can't imagine playing Mass Effect without the 8 hotkeys within easy reach for all Shephard's abilities.

Scoobes said:
the2real4mafol said:
man-bear-pig said:

TPS as well. I can't imagine playing Mass Effect without the 8 hotkeys within easy reach for all Shephard's abilities.

I have only played Mass Effect on PS3 but i imagine that it would control better on the PC

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I only game on a PC if it has a touch screen

I was thinking about building a gaming pc as well. gtx 670, 16gb corsair vengeance ram and an i5 3570k cpu all in a CM storm trooper case. Anyone like or dislike the sound of that? First pc build :P

JerCotter7 said:

I was thinking about building a gaming pc as well. gtx 670, 16gb corsair vengeance ram and an i5 3570k cpu all in a CM storm trooper case. Anyone like or dislike the sound of that? First pc build :P

- imho 16Gb Ram is overkill. 6Go will do the job.

- don't forget a 60-100 Go SSD as primary drive

- If you've got money (like me :p) , go for a SSD as steam drive, just makes games lightning fast to load, install and so on.

- What's your mobo m8 ?

CGI-Quality said:

Thjat would be a great build! The 670 is a powerful card and 16GB of RAM is plenty to get the rest done. What res are going with? 1080p? 

Yeah 1080p for a start as the higher res screens are fairly expensive from what I have found. Would eventually like to go for a 3 screen set up and it would cost too much at a higher res. I'll also have to SLI the build then though I would presume.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

- imho 16Gb Ram is overkill. 6Go will do the job.

- don't forget a 60-100 Go SSD as primary drive

- If you've got money (like me :p) , go for a SSD as steam drive, just makes games lightning fast to load, install and so on.

- What's your mobo m8 ?

RAM is so cheap now that it's not worth the postage costs it would take to upgrade it imo.

Yeah I will have a 3tb HDD and a 128gb samsung SSD

Motherboard I was thinking of an ASRock z77 extreme4. Not too expensive since the 1155 socket will be replaced next year I think?

CGI-Quality said:
JerCotter7 said:
CGI-Quality said:
JerCotter7 said:

Thjat would be a great build! The 670 is a powerful card and 16GB of RAM is plenty to get the rest done. What res are going with? 1080p? 

Yeah 1080p for a start as the higher res screens are fairly expensive from what I have found. Would eventually like to go for a 3 screen set up and it would cost too much at a higher res. I'll also have to SLI the build then though I would presume.

Two 670s nearly equal one 690, so if you move on to three screens, two of them would be sufficient.

Thanks for the replies :) Appreciate it. Would I have to watercool it with 2 670s? The PSU will also be 650W which I'm not sure will be enough for two of them. First build and all.