By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 Reasons PC Gaming Is Better Than Consoles

MDMAlliance said:
pezus said:
SvennoJ said:
dahuman said:

I do it all the time, blue tooth is a hell of a thing -_^b

Maybe you're forgetting about the part of the huge console exclusives...
Yes everything else is possible with pc, not as convenient though. Maybe you can operate win8 with an xbox controller, definitely not win7.

What about the huge PC exclusives? 

You can operate Steam with a controller, and thus act like it's a dedicated gaming console lol.

PC's do not have as many worthwhile exclusives as consoles do.  

Generally, I do not like PC gamers (those who choose PC because they think it can do anything a console can do for cheaper) because of the way they act.  They tend to have a very limited view in logic and try refuting your logic with simpleminded logic that sometimes actually distracts from the real issue.

I personally do not like PC gaming as much because it ties me down to sitting at a computer with a monitor.  I tend to get uncomfortable with that, and even if you connect your PC to a TV screen, you start to make things a lot more complicated than you need it to be.  I tend to like how easily I can just get a handheld game and play it anywhere I go.  Laptops do not provide that convenience and this is why I hold console gaming above PC gaming.  

I've heard the argument already about using the console controllers and emulators for PC, but we all know that can't replace gaming on the actual console and requires a waiting period.  

Also, console gaming is really good for those who have no Internet connection, and those with a tight immediate budget (because, I don't care what you try to say, the initial costs for PC gaming is higher than console gaming if you start from zero).

However, PC gaming is definitely good for those who are interested in saving money in the long run, highest end graphics, etc.  

@ bolded 1:That's arguable. PC has plenty of exclusive games that don't always get big budget marketing as they're from relatively small developers, but are still worth playing.

@ bolded 2: That's a pretty big generalisation. Obviously you can get some vocal idiots on PC, but you get just as many on consoles. There are a lot more gamers on PC (overall, not just for AAA titles) so it's not surprising you get a few bad eggs.

@ bolded 3: I'm a little confused. It sounds more like you would prefer gaming on a Tablet then either PC or console.

Around the Network

Kinda sad to see so many people still believe those myths about PC gaming.

F0X said:

5 Reasons Why Console Gaming Is Perfectly Fine

1. I like to own games physically, as opposed to owning the license to play them if I've been a very good boy.

Except... you don;t.

You still only own a liscense

pezus said:
melbye said:
Here is one against, playing hunched over a keyboard sucks ass and is not precise at all because of lack of analoge-control

What if I told you you can sit in your sofa with your controller and play PC games that look better and run better than their console counterparts?

Many games will only work with keyboard, and if you fake them with software you still don't get analoge control. Tried to play Half-Life 1 on PC and walking in that game is just plain awful

MDMAlliance said:

If we count games that you cannot emulate and games across the other consoles, there are definitely more Console-exclusive games worth playing than PC.  This is, however, rather subjective to begin with.  DOTA 2, LoL, and HoN aren't quite games I'm used to.  Maybe one day I'll start playing games like those, but right now I'm not into that genre very much.

The games I recognize from that list are Civilization, DOTA 2, LoL, HoN, and Torchlight 2.  

I know other games you'd surely list, I'm not completely oblivious to PC-exclusives.  I have a few myself.

Why wouldn't you count games that consoles can't emulate.

Hell, the mere fact that there are genres that consoles can't emulate is a HUGE negative for consoles. no?

You don't get to play God of War?  There are plenty of games like it on PC.

While if you don't game on PC, there are tons of things you'll never expierence.

Around the Network

well i have my PC going through the same amp and screen as my console but let's be honest PC's aren't for the younger or family centric and can have bundles of problems for various reasons(not that this is always the case far from it)

i'd always want both anyway incase one goes wrong and liek the different choice,the PC i'm on now will be back up by this time next year,i couldn't do without a half decent PC either

Above & Beyond

PC is the best console, always has been always will be. The reason we prefer console though is cause of the games. Consoles have better games. Every good PC game ever (even Minecraft) makes it to console someday. The only exceptions is mmorpgs , like Wow and mobafire.

Console exclusives stay exclusive though therefore consoles are more successful. But if you can play PC go ahead, its a great platform i prefer playing games on PC now days, the only exception are games like COD and Battlefield (although i have BF3 for PC) not because the games themselves are better on consoles, quite the opposite actually, but because there are no cheaters.

I'm 0% hyped on next gen though, so if nothing changes my mind, i will probably skip on consoles for the first time ever and go 100% PC next gen. Every game except for the exclusives are coming out for everything now days and the console exclusives, with the exception of Halo don't last more than 15 hours or so, i got many friends, so i can probably get away with playing on their consoles.

-.- only "strategy game" thats not mobafire thats even big, is starcraft. I didn't want to write mmo, mobafires (and starcraft) but sure there you have it.

mundus6 said:
PC is the best console, always has been always will be. The reason we prefer console though is cause of the games. Consoles have better games. Every good PC game ever (even Minecraft) makes it to console someday. The only exceptions is mmorpgs , like Wow and mobafire.

Console exclusives stay exclusive though therefore consoles are more successful. But if you can play PC go ahead, its a great platform i prefer playing games on PC now days, the only exception are games like COD and Battlefield (although i have BF3 for PC) not because the games themselves are better on consoles, quite the opposite actually, but because there are no cheaters.

I'm 0% hyped on next gen though, so if nothing changes my mind, i will probably skip on consoles for the first time ever and go 100% PC next gen. Every game except for the exclusives are coming out for everything now days and the console exclusives, with the exception of Halo don't last more than 15 hours or so, i got many friends, so i can probably get away with playing on their consoles.

The fact that you isted Mobafire as an MMORPG... and also as a game... makes me want to think you don't know what you are talking about.

Mobafire is a website...  for Moba's... which is a genre of games.

I know that "Moba" are not mmorpgs, i did not list them as that, i always call them "mobafire" old habits die hard i guess.