By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Sells Out During Black Friday.

As demand for Xbox 360 console bundles increase, Microsoft Store starts to sell out online

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/as-demand-for-xbox-360-console-bundles-increase-microsoft-store-starts-to-sell-out-online/19039/#.ULEWN4epBmF

Around the Network

How many people buy gaming products from an online Microsoft Store?

Meanwhile, I was in my local Best Buy yesterday and saw these bundles in droves sitting on shelves, along with the PS3 bundles, although there were fewer of those than the 360 bundles.

Online is always going to sell out faster because it's more people going to one retail source with a limited supply. Most brick and mortar stores have plenty of PS360 bundles left.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

Lol. Straight in... Must.... Down..... Play.... 

i don't think that's the point.

have a little think. 

lol at you Kow. You do the same when it's Sony stuff. Fast as a shark.

So what's the point of this news then, what meaningful conclusions do you draw from it?

For something that was sold out, there were an ungodly ton of those Skylander bundles sitting around at my local Walmart, it was a ridiculously huge pile

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Meanwhile, I was in my local Best Buy yesterday and saw these bundles in droves sitting on shelves, along with the PS3 bundles, although there were fewer of those than the 360 bundles.

Online is always going to sell out faster because it's more people going to one retail source with a limited supply. Most brick and mortar stores have plenty of PS360 bundles left.

That funny I was at walmart the other day and didn't see any Xbox bundles or Wii's but I saw racks (two or three)full of PS3's must vary depending on where you live

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

Lol. Straight in... Must.... Down..... Play.... 

i don't think that's the point.

have a little think. 

lol at you Kow. You do the same when it's Sony stuff. Fast as a shark.

So what's the point of this news then, what meaningful conclusions do you draw from it?

Yes evidence

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4909169

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Ji99saw said:
NightDragon83 said:

That funny I was at walmart the other day and didn't see any Xbox bundles or Wii's but I saw racks (two or three)full of PS3's must vary depending on where you live

It all depends on the store really.  Some stores only get maybe a couple dozen or of certain consoles or bundles like my local Kmart, which was out of everything except 1 PS3 bundle and a couple of the 3DS bundles, but that's because their electronics section sucks and they hardly ever have much videogame hardware stock to begin with.  And my Walmart had plenty of the 4GB Kinect bundles for the 360 too, a few PS3's and even some Wiis.

BB on the other hand must've had an absolute minimum of 50 per console bundle, because there were about a dozen Kinect Bundles and about 2 dozen or so 250GB bundles of the 360 still sitting there, and about about 15-20 PS3 holiday bundles.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

"Starts to sell out" bothers me. Perhaps "close to selling out"?

Strange article, it seems more like an ad for the Microsoft than anything else. The writer just seems to be taking a guess. "Currently sold-out of 50% of the console bundles normally available" doesn't necessarily mean they're almost out of 360s, especially when the image is mostly of special holiday bundles.

Still, obviously it's selling very well. Those deals are nothing to sneeze at. I'd planned to pick up a 360 this year but other things came up. I'd love to have the Xbox 250 GB Forza 4 Halo: CE bundle for $199.00.

Actually, on my browser none of the bundles are showing as sold out, even the holiday bundles. Microsoft sites hate Opera, though, so maybe it's just not showing up correctly.

jlrx said:
For something that was sold out, there were an ungodly ton of those Skylander bundles sitting around at my local Walmart, it was a ridiculously huge pile

Article talks about it selling out at Microsoft stores online.