By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will the PS4 release?

When will the PS4 release?

2012 5 2.01%

2013 87 34.94%

2014 119 47.79%

2015 10 4.02%

Later? 4 1.61%

NEVER!? 24 9.64%

Total:249

@kowenicki

India isn't a alternate universe, but it seems to be a bit of an estranged one.

Around the Network

i just voted for 2012 just for the fun of voting in a very stu*** option in the pole...

2013 like nextbox is my guess...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Personally, I would love if the console launched early 2015. There are lot's of PS3 games I wanna play. Plus I'm considering buying a WiiU. Plus, the console hasn't been exhausted.

But, for Sony's own good, I hope they release their next console next year and prior to the Microsoft console. That could be their last chance.

One things forsure, MS getting another head start.......and 360 is 8 years old next year.

Cant say MS cut off 360 short.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
One things forsure, MS getting another head start

How do you know this?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

How do you know this?

Next gen Xbox rumors far outnumber next gen PS4 rumors. News that devs got the next xbox dev kit a year before the ps4 dev kits supposedly went out.

Also a gut feeling. MS plays dirty business, and I love em for that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I will go for early 2014, maybe march 2014 World Wide, later than the Next Xbox (late 2013 for America and Europe), but not so much as to give them a clear advantage.

The development kits are out there but are nowhere near final and the information available is less than about the Next Xbox, and Sony is a company that is very bad at keeping secrets so if it was a 2013 release we should have at least more rumours by now.

I will also predict a 400 dollars price tag, with the console selling at cost, not losing any money like in previous generations.

sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

How do you know this?

Next gen Xbox rumors far outnumber next gen PS4 rumors. News that devs got the next xbox dev kit a year before the ps4 dev kits supposedly went out.

So it's not 'for sure.'

Also, what does this have to do with 'dirty business'? Sony knows the Nextbox will likely release in 2013. It wouldn't be a secret to them. It's completely their decision if they let Microsoft get another head start.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

How do you know this?

So it's not 'for sure.'

Also, what does this have to do with 'dirty business'? Sony knows the Nextbox will likely release in 2013. It wouldn't be a secret to them. It's completely their decision if they let Microsoft get another head start.

This whole thread is speculation. Sorry if I sounded certain.

But you comment implies that implies Sony knows what they are doing as a company.....

I think late 2013, with it round most of the world by March 2014. I am fairly sure that Sony have said that they want to launch at the same to Microsoft, so they don't lose out in the same way that they did at the start of this generation

I really want them to tell us though, so I can work out if I should buy a new PS3 or try and stretch out my dieing one for another year...