By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 vs Gran Turismo 5

smroadkill15 said:
ethomaz said:

MB1025 said:

You can count GOTY sales all you want in a vaccum. However if you are going to compare one game to another you can't count extra versions of the game when the other said title doesn;t have any. You also can't say well it is Microsofts fault for not having a GOTY edition because that is BS. No Halo as ever done it.

It should be GT5 vs. Halo 4 and no other versions of GT5 should be counted.

In the end it won;t matter because Halo 4 will sell more copies.

No Halo ever won a GOTY award... that the reason because Microsoft never did a GOTY Edition.

No way. I can guarantee Halo 1&2 won some goty awards.  

Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and 4 have all won GOTY awards.......no idea what hes talking about

Around the Network

yo_john117 said:

Also there is no GOTY edition for Halo CE

Original cover...

GOTY cover...

^^ Yeah but it's not a GOTY edition...it just simply has some positive reviews on it/slightly different box art. It doesn't include any extra content at all.

This is a true GOTY edition. Notice it includes extra content.

Halo received the classics edition too.

And there is the Patinum Hits too...

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Halo received the classics edition too.

Once again it doesn't include ANY extra content. There's a difference between a re-release and simply putting on different box art. This is no different than any Sony platinum game (just means it's cheaper and was popular)

BTW I'm fairly certain Classics = Europe/PAL region and Platinum = North America. There is no extra content in any of these games that you've shown. I could show you hundreds of game for the 360 and PS3 that have platinum/classics but all that means is that they were popular and they are now "budget" titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_Range

yo_john117 said:

Once again it doesn't include ANY extra content. There's a difference between a re-release and simply putting on different box art. This is no different than any Sony platinum game (just means it's cheaper and was popular)

Hummmm... what the guys here said is that GT5 have SIX rerelease... I just called bullshit... GT5 had just only... after that the guys said Halo never ever had a different and cheap edition like GT5... again I can show all the kind of edition you want but I just give a example like Halo 3:

Halo 3 Standard
Halo 3 Legendary
Halo 3 Limited
Halo 3 Platinum Hits
Halo 3 Classics

That's just in US.

Now you came here to say Halo never ever had something like...

I forget the best version...

Halo 3: ODST expansion have ALL Halo 3 DLC included.

Ouch!!!

MB1025 said:
pitzy272 said:
@mb1025

Yeah thats what I was talking about. It seems ridiculous to me that some of gt5s sales are being discounted just bc it had a single goty edition. That makes no sense to me. There are so many goty editions released each year. Its a common practice bc its smart, business wise: it helps remind ppl about the game when its easy for it to be forgotten due to all the new releases, and also allows ppl to get the game and the dlc with a single purchase.

Halo 4 has had plenty of goty awards already, and will get more still. If they wouldn't do a goty edition, that would be foolish, and only they would be to blame.

OT: I guess I never truly answered the Q with any of my posts. If I had to guess, I would say Halo 4, tho like I said previously, even if gt5 "wins", its still not the fairest comparison bc were at the end of a console generation now, and so gt5s 2 yr head start gives it a significant advantage.

I feel regardless that halo is still "bigger" than gt. Gt is definitely big and impt for Sony, but halo can serve as the face of Xbox via the iconic master chief, whereas gt cannot. A car doesn't work for that.

Even tho, like I said, halo will always be bigger, Sony could at least make gt much bigger and more impt for themselves by mandating that there be a new release every 3-4 yrs (still with a prologue in between). If they're smart, they'll increase PDs team size significantly to ensure this happens.

You can count GOTY sales all you want in a vaccum. However if you are going to compare one game to another you can't count extra versions of the game when the other said title doesn;t have any. You also can't say well it is Microsofts fault for not having a GOTY edition because that is BS. No Halo as ever done it.

Absolute rubbish. What's this a comparison of? Its GT5 vs Halo 4 - not just this single, specific, exact version of GT5 vs Halo 4. I see zero validity in that argument, and I have never once seen this argument brought up in any other game comparison. I've actually never seen it brought up at all, for that matter. Tbh, I think there could almost be an argument made that GT5:P + GT5 sales = GT5 official sales; but, it's not even necessary to go into that, and I'm perfectly fine with GT5:P sales being separated from GT5.

Your argument for why it's BS is bc no other Halo has done it...that isn't even an argument! Haha. The point still stands:  Many games get a goty edition, and that's okay. You don't hear a single person trying to figure out how many Batman: AC goty editions sold, and then trying to claim this figure should be subtracted from its sales. Why? Bc it's ridiculous. And again, Microsoft is fully  capable of making a goty edition for Halo 4; GT5 doesn't have some unfair ability to make a goty edition that Halo 4 lacks. Oh, and I think someone posted above about Microsoft releasing a goty edition for Halo:CE. So you saying "no Halo has done it" doesn't seem to be true.

I've never even played GT5, and I've never owned a single game from the series; so, I'm not some GT fanboy. I even admitted in my previous post I think this comparison isn't even really fair for Halo 4 bc GT5 has a 2 yr head start, and at the end of the gen that makes a major difference. But I just don't see how you can be serious when saying GT5's goty/dlc edition should not count in its sales. It comes off like a desparate (fanboyish) excuse as an attempt to dismiss some of GT5's sales; yet, no defensive excuse even needs to be made - bc the above reason I gave, but also bc Halo 4 will probably pass GT5's sales anyways. Not trying to be a jerk btw:/ If you hold tight to this claim, I think it's a wee crazy, but I'll just have to say I respectfully disagree.

yo_john117 said:
MB1025 said:
pitzy272 said:
@mb1025

Yeah thats what I was talking about. It seems ridiculous to me that some of gt5s sales are being discounted just bc it had a single goty edition. That makes no sense to me. There are so many goty editions released each year. Its a common practice bc its smart, business wise: it helps remind ppl about the game when its easy for it to be forgotten due to all the new releases, and also allows ppl to get the game and the dlc with a single purchase.

Halo 4 has had plenty of goty awards already, and will get more still. If they wouldn't do a goty edition, that would be foolish, and only they would be to blame.

OT: I guess I never truly answered the Q with any of my posts. If I had to guess, I would say Halo 4, tho like I said previously, even if gt5 "wins", its still not the fairest comparison bc were at the end of a console generation now, and so gt5s 2 yr head start gives it a significant advantage.

I feel regardless that halo is still "bigger" than gt. Gt is definitely big and impt for Sony, but halo can serve as the face of Xbox via the iconic master chief, whereas gt cannot. A car doesn't work for that.

Even tho, like I said, halo will always be bigger, Sony could at least make gt much bigger and more impt for themselves by mandating that there be a new release every 3-4 yrs (still with a prologue in between). If they're smart, they'll increase PDs team size significantly to ensure this happens.

What do you mean no other version of GT5 should be counted? Like GT5: P or the special editions of GT5?

Some people are claiming GT5's goty/dlc edition should not count towards GT5's sales (which I think is a tad ridiculous). GT5:P's sales are considered separate from GT5's sales, and there hasn't really been an argument there.