By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Mass Effect 3: Special Edition a 9.5 out of 10! Says it is just as good, if not a little better than other versions. Game pad in for the win again!

blackstarr said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The Wii Pad cannot help the Mass Effect truly set itself apart from the other consoles. This game was pretty much sent on the Wii U to die. This will definitely be one of the skipped games for the majority who have already played it on other consoles. Its the same  experience.

Yup. I am pretty much the market for Mass Effect 3 on Wii U (I haven't played it on other consoles, but I am still a "core" gamer), but nothing they did with the Wii U version makes me want to get it for the Wii U. If I ever end up buying the game, it'll be at $15 off the Used games rack.

So you're playing this because your a core gamer but you dont care about the other games is what you're saying? 

Around the Network

too bad i dont care

its nice to see the high score, never cared much for this seriese, maybe when the price drops ill give it a try and go from there.

Games are fun.

I thought there was technical issues with the game? From what we saw on these forums eaelir in the week.

I jsut can't remember what they were as everything WiiU related had issues in here lol.

In all honesty I got the games already on 360, so I will skip this one, unless they release some enhanced trilogy set with extra stuff.

IGN has been giving virtually every Wii U port/multiplat the same score as the other versions. They're just adding Wii U-specific sections to the old reviews. It's kind of lazy, but the important thing is to read the additions rather than just glancing at the scores.

Around the Network

Well color me surprised.. THIS get's a 9.5, while Zombi U a 6.3? I don't get you, Ign..

Metallicube said:

Well color me surprised.. THIS get's a 9.5, while Zombi U a 6.3? I don't get you, Ign..

The IGN review was no different from the other consoles versions. They basically just said "the Wii U version adds maps and menu controls, and heres the Xbox 360 review", same shit. 

spurgeonryan said:
Angelv577 said:
Good for Wii u owners, at least it is not a lazy port.

Exactly! Should be a good sign to gamers that 3rd parties are taking the system seriously depsite early reports from ( me) that they were not. Lot of good launch games! If you have not played them yet that is.

Then why is this a port? A serious attempt would be ZombiU, even if the scores didn't come out so well and like one poster pointed out, Who the hell wants to start at the end?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

The game has a chance... I could get it when the price will drop.

AstroMaSSi rules

so why did this get the same score then the ones on the xbox/ps3? considering they say its incomplete, late, the other 2 versions arent on the console and no DLC. and still the same score as the ps3 and 360? this is nonsense