By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

ps3-sales! said:
Nintendo fans hate to see it, but your shiny new console just isn't that powerful. I'd be surprised if it ran any of these third-party ports as well than the Xbox 360 or Ps3.
With that said, Nintendo doesn't really care. It'll still sell like hotcakes besides of new and innovative games like Mari-, I mean ZombieU.

Not that I care about how they run but this is just trolling. Tecmo said apart from the cpu everything else is better then ps3 and 360. 3 years from now you'll be seeing stuff that blows that killzone e3 2005 trailer out the water. Since ps3 is capable of that trailer....... right?????? right??????

Jesting aside, you will be seeing stuff that just wasn't possible on microsoft and sony's current platforms.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Around the Network

Isn't this somewhat old news? One of the few things devs always criticize was the CPU (most of them said the speed was too slow), but praise it for other things. Besides if they can't get the game on the PS3 I really don't see the issue here..

Nintendo and PC gamer

GianCarmen said:
Yea I am not a kid. The wii u is not perfect. Its wii u is doomed crap. I am 32 years old. Some of you guys are acting like little kids. Wow no more respect from some whatever. Just makes me laugh at some comments. lol

The irony...

i think i need to book marks threads like these. that way in 2 years when thread after thread after thread emerge about the lack of 3rd parties games i can prove to you within days of release of the wiiU 3rd party support was pulling out.

i hope you guys enjoy your wiiU but please leave your sense of entitlement at the store.

bazmeistergen said:
Dear PS3 sales

Not sure why you'd call yourself such a name - attaching yourself to a corporate entity is odd -, but that's besides the point.

That is very odd behavior.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Mr Khan said:
ps3-sales! said:
Nintendo fans hate to see it, but your shiny new console just isn't that powerful. I'd be surprised if it ran any of these third-party ports as well than the Xbox 360 or Ps3.
With that said, Nintendo doesn't really care. It'll still sell like hotcakes besides of new and innovative games like Mari-, I mean ZombieU.

They're running those games just fine.

It's this rush to believe the worst about the Wii U that makes me doubt the ingenuousness of certain posters.

I've seen the reviews of Darksiders, Arkham City, Devil May Cry, ect.

1.They are ps360 ports to the WiiU - fact
2.They are getting worse scores than the originals - fact
3.They don't cater to the core audience that don't
want to be forced to use the gamepad - fact

What were you saying?

you are a  sony fan***, i don't have anymore to say. have a good day :)

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

34 years playing games.

Now it's: who cares we buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games
1 year from now it will be : why third parties don't support the Wii U wa!wa!wa!wa!wa

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Translation: The Wii U has a different architecture from current-gen consoles which is less reliant on raw power provided by the CPU. We don't have the time or the funding to figure out how our programming needs to be adjusted to compensate for this difference, so a Wii U port is looking less and less likely.

It doesn't bother me that this is happening, but I wish they would just be honest about the situation instead of trying to blame in on Wii U's CPU.

chapset said:
Now it's: who cares we buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games
1 year from now it will be : why third parties don't support the Wii U wa!wa!wa!wa!wa

I don't think anybody buys Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games lol

people who buy Nintendo consoles buy them for Nintendo games and its always been that way so nothing has changed!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:
archbrix said:

You make it sound like Nintendo is catering to 3rd parties with the Gamepad at the expense of their own originality.  How?  By giving it analogue sticks and shoulder buttons?  Those are two things that Nintendo themselves pioneered on console controllers, and the industry is all the better for it.

Should Nintendo have left traditional buttons off of the 3DS altogether? 

How? By making the Wii a thing of the past. Having Wiimote/Nunchuk 2.0 as the standard controller and the Pro Controller optionally (basically the same as it was on the Wii) would have been the way to go.

The 3DS is an evolution of the DS in terms of control inputs, so nothing really out of the ordinary here.

First off, the Wii remote is hardly a thing of the past.  You know as well as I do that it's being prominently featured with WiiU - in fact they are going to have a whole new line of WiiU branded Wii remote plus'.  The main reason that it's not included with WiiU is because many people already have four of them and it would be silly to force extra units on consumers instead of letting them purchase them as needed.

It sounds like you believe that Nintendo should have continued to focus on motion gaming again, saying that the Wiimote/Nunchuk 2.0 should have been the standard.  While you're entitled to your opinion, that sounds an awful lot like the people who hated on the Wii because Nintendo chose a different direction.  The fact that the Gamepad direction could prove to be more beneficial to 3rd parties, however, is not an admission of catering to them, but instead, embracing traditional design in addition to new ideas.  In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that.  It's not like 3rd parties invented the concept of traditional controls.

Regarding my 3DS analogy, look at it from the perspective of the original DS instead.  Should Nintendo have just made a touch-screen device sans buttons and d-pad, or included those elements, additionally catering to traditional design?  If they had gone with the former, would you have enjoyed NSMB as much?