By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Fils-Aime Hopeful of GTA V on Wii U

Sorry if posted already http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/nintendo-us-boss-hopeful-of-gta-v-on-wii-u

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has spoken out about his hopes for seeing Grand Theft Auto V arrive on the Wii U.

Though Rockstar's game is currently only slated for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 in Spring 2013, Fils-Aime revealed to MTV the he believes there's every chance the game will come to Nintendo's console.

If we do that hopefully the very best content throughout the entire industry will show up on Wii U.

"The folks there have said very nice public comments about the Wii U," he explained.

"In the end, it is Nintendo's responsibility to have a large installed base, to have development tools that help the developers and publishers create great content, and essentially create an environment where teams like Rockstar can bring their very best content to our platform, and if we do that hopefully the very best content throughout the entire industry will show up on Wii U."

When we recently interviewed Rockstar vice president Dan Houser, he revealed that the company hadn't made any firm decisions about other potential platforms, but wouldn't rule anything out.

"Everything else is up for consideration," Houser revealed. "That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market."

We've already had a muse about whether the game would be coming to PC, and came to the conclusion that it likely will though not for a some time after its console debut.

Last week was IGN's GTA V week, where we offered a massive blowout of informationabout the upcoming game. So whether you're looking for how the title changes the rules for open world games, want to meet the new faces or just rediscover Los Santos, make sure you have a look at all our articles.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Not really a 'hope' for Reggie. More a 'when'. He pretty much confirms they have been talking to rockstar about this. What is funny is the way both sides imply rockstar like nintendo. Practically shows Zelnick is just your typical ceo trash talker. Much like Bobby on ps3.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

"hopefully"? What does that even mean? Doesn't he have some say/influence on things like this?

Reggie's been gunning for GTA on Wii U for a while now. If it doesn't end up coming to Wii U, it will most definitely be because Rockstar didn't want to, but likely not for Nintendo's lack of trying.

It all boils down to if Rockstar has a team handy to spend several months and a cool few million porting it over.  Maybe Nintendo could do what they did with Ninja Gaiden 3/ Bayonetta 2 and offer to publish Wii U version and put up some capital to help offset development costs. 

Reggie is clearly in talks - I wonder if it will come to anything

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I'm sooo hopeful it does, just thinking of the possibilities is exciting!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

would buy the game if it ever does come to the wii u.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Well, at least it looks like they are trying.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If this comes out later than the other console editions, and isn't an amazing, must-have improvement over them, then this will sell poorly and result in further "third parties don't sell" attitudes for the Wii U.

Sucks that they don't care about us PC gamers either.

"we love them all in different ways."

Sounds like something a parent who keeps one kid chained in the basement because of a deformity would say.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.