By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Single Biggest Problem With the Wii U so Far.

Have been mesmerized by the Wii U’s Gamepad?

Absolutely! I can't put it down. 32 50.79%

It's just a controller with a screen. 31 49.21%

Total:63

This "mesmerized" effect happens on the Vita, since it has a good web browser and apps like twitter, facebook, Youtube, etc. There is quite a bit to do besides game, so yeah it is kind of fun having everything right there down on the controller. The Wii U is like that I'm sure since you don't even need a TV with it, right?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:
This "mesmerized" effect happens on the Vita, since it has a good web browser and apps like twitter, facebook, Youtube, etc. There is quite a bit to do besides game, so yeah it is kind of fun having everything right there down on the controller. The Wii U is like that I'm sure since you don't even need a TV with it, right?

correctamoundo, no TV required!

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

i want WiiU so badly!!

but i've got so many Wii games yet to finish and no time to even play those, damn uni studying :P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Is anyone else experiencing somewhat aggravating load times every time you open up a different menu? (Aka Mii creator, friend list, switching users, etc.)

My 2 friends and I are both having this issue but I see no one online talking about it.

wfz said:
Is anyone else experiencing somewhat aggravating load times every time you open up a different menu? (Aka Mii creator, friend list, switching users, etc.)

My 2 friends and I are both having this issue but I see no one online talking about it.

3 to 10 seconds wait, depending on what you're doing. For example if you hit the Home button it takes 3 seconds to close whatever programe, but if you go into, for example, Miiverse it takes 7 or 8 seconds. Not bad I think. but Maybe they'll make it faster in the future

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network

Those are some serious first world problems. Seriously.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

DaRev said:
wfz said:

3 to 10 seconds wait, depending on what you're doing. For example if you hit the Home button it takes 3 seconds to close whatever programe, but if you go into, for example, Miiverse it takes 7 or 8 seconds. Not bad I think. but Maybe they'll make it faster in the future

Yeah, hitting the home button wasn't a problem.

Is it really 7 to 8 seconds? It feels more like 7 to 8 eternities when you're excited to see all the system's content. x_x

As a hardcore Sony fan, I have to say the gamepad has impressed me. Watching IGN's Batman Armored Edition review, when they started playing the entire game on the gamepad? That's pretty cool. Until I realized that you can't take it anywhere. So pretty much it just transfers the visuals, you're not actually playing the game directly on the gamepad.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Is this a bad thing? I don't know. It's like when I played a lot of smash back in the day and I would spend so much time reading all the descriptions on all the trophies...

ps3-sales! said:
As a hardcore Sony fan, I have to say the gamepad has impressed me. Watching IGN's Batman Armored Edition review, when they started playing the entire game on the gamepad? That's pretty cool. Until I realized that you can't take it anywhere. So pretty much it just transfers the visuals, you're not actually playing the game directly on the gamepad.

Well, theoretically, you can take it anywhere in the house. But if you're looking to pick up from where you play on your handheld, I guess you are looking for a Vita.