By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation All-Stars:BR -- Kat, Emmett Gameplay video!-- Tournament 1 Over! Tounrament 2 sing-up now!

Tournament Rules (1v1/3 Kills)

Items + Hazards 31 42.47%

No Items + Hazards 11 15.07%

Items + No Hazards 3 4.11%

No Items + No Hazards 22 30.14%

Practice Stages Only 5 6.85%

Total:72
o_O.Q said:
Dgc1808 said:
o_O.Q said:
Dgc1808 said:
Excellent final boss, I must say.

ok great impressions, tbh i didn't expect that much from the arcade mode

i'm definitely getting this primarily for the multiplayer

so have you tried the online at all?

back in the beta i remember there being occasional problems like lag, players teleporting around etc 

they weren't frequent but it was annoying

I've only played one match which I won as Spike. I haven't noticed any problems. Runs smooth and is just as responsive as offline play.

In the Tournement menu there's 3 options.

"Ranked Match" seems to be just ranked timed free free-for-all.

"Quick match" which is unranked and allows you to search up a match with 3 adjustable options:
- Game Type: FFA, 2v2 or any.
- Match Limit: Time limit (most kills in a set time), Stock limit (lives),  kill limit (race to a number of kills), or any.
- Items: Enabled, Disable or any.

"Season Leaderboards"

The online tournament mode has "seasons". It currently says 12 days left in the season. The leaderboards start clean every season.

EDITED

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Dgc1808 said:
o_O.Q said:
Dgc1808 said:

Cool, sounds good so far. Explain the game's longevity to me? I need to know is it just going to be a typical fighter bare bones? or does it have some other play modes to keep things interesting? What are these collectibles I have been hearing about? Hopefully some of them are ingame costumes for the characters.

In the customization menu you can customize your profile which includes:

Background: A box with some info about you. I count 105 collect. I've only gotten 7 so far.

An Icon: placed on your background. I'm  not gonna bother doing the math, there's easily at least 4 times as many icons as there are background. I've unclocked 27. Btw, everything you unlock is based on leveling a character's rank. I've only unlocked stuff for Spike and Sir Dan. Leveling doesn't take long. I got to level 50 pretty quickly with spike just with 1 run of the arcade, 1 online match, and maybe... 7 (?) fights against the AI on max difficulty. Uhh... I just noticed I have 1 last icon to collect with spike. Requires rank 200.

FFA titles: Ummm.... a crap ton of these. 35 pages*18 each page - 5 as the last page isn't full = 630. I've unlocked none of these. They all require Finishing X number of tournaments and getting at least [insert random color] belt or higher. The titles are nice, though. "The Bad News", The Demi-God", "The Leviathan", "The Figment of Imagination", "The Wrong Customer" (that one made me laugh), to name a few. 

Team Titles: For 2v2 battles in Tournament mode. (30*18)-7 of these. "Bloodbath and Beyond", "BROKEN CAPS LOCK SQUAD" - I want those two XD.

Minions: There's one from each character but you choice which one appears for you no mater who you're using.  Unlocked a monkey (Spike) and Kiya (Sir Dan). They all only require reaching rank 8 so you get the one for your favourite character in no time.

There's also a menu for customizing your character - You can unlock Costumes, Taunts, Intros/outtros and victory songs. There are 3 or for 4 each of those options to select from. I still don't know why my pre-order costume is locked. Gonna have a convo with SEN customer service soon. Not sure why costumes is in here as I was able to freely change pick which costume and color scheme I want for Spike in the character select screen. Seems you can set a default I guess. Oh, each custome seems to have 4 color scheme options.

There's also a goals  section in the Customize menu to keep track of things to do to unlock stuff.

Under Solo play there's also combat trials. I haven't tried it out yet but there's two main options: 

General - "Challenge your mastery of the fundamentals"
Character - "Challenge your skills with your favorite character"

4 ≈ One

tagged

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Dgc1808 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Dgc1808 said:
o_O.Q said:
Dgc1808 said:

Cool, sounds good so far. Explain the game's longevity to me? I need to know is it just going to be a typical fighter bare bones? or does it have some other play modes to keep things interesting? What are these collectibles I have been hearing about? Hopefully some of them are ingame costumes for the characters.

Background: A box with some info about you. I count 105 collect. I've only gotten 7 so far.

An Icon: placed on your background. I'm  not gonna bother doing the math, there's easily at least 4 times as many icons as there are background. I've unclocked 27. Btw, everything you unlock is based on leveling a character's rank. I've only unlocked stuff for Spike and Sir Dan. Leveling doesn't take long. I got to level 50 pretty quickly with spike just with 1 run of the arcade, 1 online match, and maybe... 7 (?) fights against the AI on max difficulty. Uhh... I just noticed I have 1 last icon to collect with spike. Requires rank 200.

FFA titles: Ummm.... a crap ton of these. 35 pages*18 each page - 5 as the last page isn't full = 630. I've unlocked none of these. They all require Finishing X number of tournaments and getting at least [insert random color] belt or higher. The titles are nice, though. "The Bad News", The Demi-God", "The Leviathan", "The Figment of Imagination", "The Wrong Customer" (that one made me laugh), to name a few. 

Team Titles: For 2v2 battles in Tournament mode. (30*18)-7 of these. "Bloodbath and Beyond", "BROKEN CAPS LOCK SQUAD" - I want those two XD.

Minions: There's one from each character but you choice which one appears for you no mater who you're using.  Unlocked a monkey (Spike) and Kiya (Sir Dan). They all only require reaching rank 8 so you get the one for your favourite character in no time.

There's also a menu for customizing your character - You can unlock Costumes, Taunts, Intros/outtros and victory songs. There are 3 or for 4 each of those options to select from. I still don't know why my pre-order costume is locked. Gonna have a convo with SEN customer service soon. Not sure why costumes is in here as I was able to freely change pick which costume and color scheme I want for Spike in the character select screen. Seems you can set a default I guess. Oh, each custome seems to have 4 color scheme options.

There's also a goals  section in the Customize menu to keep track of things to do to unlock stuff.

Under Solo play there's also combat trials. I haven't tried it out yet but there's two main options: 

Bolded: LMAO  and SOLD!!!

Im a bit of an introvert, even when it comes to a party game like fighters I like to know I can still enjoy it on my own. In order to retain my attention it always has to have extra distractions so I can train and practice for the next time I face off with somebody. I also love "Catch Phrases" and quips. Most people I think find them annoying, I think they are super amusing. All I know is Radec better have a taunt that says "You can call me your surgeon...."

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

any reviews to share? Would love to know how many people are going to hate on this becuase it's 'not as good as smash brothers'

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

There's a review thread here. IGN review goes up at 11EST so i'm guessing that's when the embargo ends. So far it has to 85%'s.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150148&page=1#56

4 ≈ One

forevercloud3000 said:
Dgc1808 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Dgc1808 said:
o_O.Q said:
Dgc1808 said:

Bolded: LMAO  and SOLD!!!

Im a bit of an introvert, even when it comes to a party game like fighters I like to know I can still enjoy it on my own. In order to retain my attention it always has to have extra distractions so I can train and practice for the next time I face off with somebody. I also love "Catch Phrases" and quips. Most people I think find them annoying, I think they are super amusing. All I know is Radec better have a taunt that says "You can call me your surgeon...."

I'm usually the same but I really want this game to be my social game. So far, i'm having a decent time online. My record is meh, though... 1 win. 1 second place. 2 4th places The more I think about it, the more I love the "seasons" online approach, XD

4 ≈ One

I can get out of bed and start my day now, XD

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

I can get out of bed and start my day now, XD

I can see it now. I am so going to be that guy in 4th place with -50 points or something ll :/

I will find my footing tho and come back with avengeance......gotta get the game first thing tmw tho lol X-D

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

haha I actually fell asleep last night :D time to start this party

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!