By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd parties and stores want Nintendo to fail this time! Why!!!!!

I'd sure like to know what the attitude of core gamers who DON'T go on this website is. I'm sure they're not anywhere nearly as hostile.

Around the Network

every site says the ports are almost the same as their PS360 version, but if you see the graphics comparison of Batman on GT you see WiiU looks worst.

Kresnik said:

I know it sucks getting less-than-optimal ports (especially if you know the system can do more), but I honestly wouldn't worry about it. People tell me time and time again about how PS3 versions of multi-plats are sub-par to 360 versions, but unless you actively play both versions how are you going to tell the difference? I've done absolutely fine with the PS3 version of everything I've played, no complaints. If the 360 version of GTA IV is less muddy, that's great for whoever is playing it, but it's not going to dampen my experience of playing the game on the PS3.

I'd worry more next year if the Wii-U versions are still bad, since they'll hopefully have been developed alongside the other versions, rather than after the others. And even then, like I mentioned earlier, it's hardly a deal-breaker. Unless it's a Skyrim-PS3 type situation which I cannot see happening for Wii-U.

As for ZombiU, I genuinely do not see why Nintendo fans were getting excited for that game. I realise it has some representational significance as a... hmm, 'serious' third-party effort for the console, but from everything I've seen of it it's never looked anything more than average, in my opinion. I feel like people are getting hyped about it simply because it's a third-party exclusive at launch, rather than for what's actually there. I'd have presumed that all the people who are hyped about this game have already played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and DayZ to get their fix of pseudo-roguelikes/serious zombie games.

Give it time, anyway. I think it's far too early to be judging anything at all for now.

Funny thing is there are a few multiplat games that run better on PS3, Just Cause2, FF13 come to mind.

@bolded, i never got it either. kinda like how some hyped, Conduit, Madworld, Red Steel, NMH etc. Its sad that people will hype those games because they are exclusive then loose their minds when the games underperform, knowing they set themselves up for dissapointment. Its kinda funny really.

The attitude from what ive seen is indifference, which is a step up from hostile that the Wii would get eventually...its something.

RolStoppable said:
JTurner82 said:
I'd sure like to know what the attitude of core gamers who DON'T go on this website is. I'm sure they're not anywhere nearly as hostile.

I assume it's much worse on other websites, because VGC has a higher than usual percentage of Nintendo fans.

Why don't we give it a while.  It's still too early.

Around the Network

Really I thought ZombiU is a good thing. A third-party developer trying something unique is better than nobody trying something unique. Even if it ends up being "meh".

Lazy ports can be chalked up to time constraints or issues with the hardware that developers have not quite yet ironed out. We probably won't be seeing any really excellent ports until next year (I got my eye on Colonial Marines).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Ninja Gaiden 3 is one title that got better this time around

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Heavenly_King said:
every site says the ports are almost the same as their PS360 version, but if you see the graphics comparison of Batman on GT you see WiiU looks worst.

No it isn't... Just take a look at this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4897413

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

RolStoppable said:
JTurner82 said:

I assume it's much worse on other websites, because VGC has a higher than usual percentage of Nintendo fans.

Not sure what this means, as most of the Nintendo gamers on this site fit into the core demographic, like it or not.  Several of this site's Nintendo fans are also among its most hostile, elitist, and/or hyper-defensive.

On topic, people are making too much out of this.  Most of these ports probably weren't even handled by the original development teams, who have probably moved on to new games already.  ZombieU is likely a title that was pushed along in order to meet the Wii U launch date, which would account for how simple it is.  It never was intended to be a super impressive game or it would have been a multi-platform title.  I don't think any conclusions should be drawn until the Wii U starts getting versions that are developed side-by-side with the other consoles, and even then it should be understood that the Wii U handles things differently and it still might take awhile before developers really get a handle on it.

In the meantime, the differences are minimal, which is kind of the point of multi-platform games.  People who bought a Wii U for Nintendo developed games should be content with that.

DanneSandin said:
Heavenly_King said:

No it isn't... Just take a look at this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4897413

Well, regarding the graphics in Batman GT showed that the textures take some time to load in some scenarios.