By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd parties and stores want Nintendo to fail this time! Why!!!!!

Lol... Didn't wiiu just get released 24hrs ago?

We're already doing a post mortem, how bad is the launch going?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

So we are getting lousy ports yet again, and exclusive games that are not worth the code that was written on them. ZombiU is getting mixed reviews, Turkish has post a screen shot of Batman that makes me want to be sick to my stomach, and we are getting Mass Effect 3.

Then I go to the Gamestop and finally get to play and use the game pad. What was playable on it? At the very end of the list if you look hard enough you can play Rayman. Yippee skippy! People want to try out Mario and some mature games to see how they work on the Wii U.

What the hell is the problem with these people and companies?

How was Rayman:Legends? :). That is the game I would buy later if I ever buy the Wii U. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

@OP, maybe its you. Maybe you just might not like the system. The Batman screenshot was clearly a shot with the textures not loaded, but their have been reviews where they said that the Wii U version had a chopiness to it. But i wouldnt say it is a shoddy port, at least not from what i played. Even if i didnt care for the pad functions.

ZombiU?? LOL come on man, did you really expect that to be stellar? Its a damn Ubisoft launch game, did you not learn your lesson from Red Steel 1? (although ZombiU looks better) or Rayman 3d?

People want to try out Mario?? No they dont, its Mario everyone knows how its going to play, you can buy just about any Mario, especially the 2d ones and know exactly what you are getting, and blame that on Ninty if you cant play the game, GS has nothing to do with it. Whats wrong with Rayman? Thats a game that NEEDS to be demoed because from the sales of the last game, people dont know about it. What are these mature games you want demoed?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
rayman legends might be the best game in wiiU launch

no it isnt, because the game got pushed back to March

I don't see the problem. The ports aren't watered down; many of them have extra features. The only poor one seems to be ME3.

ZombiU is not getting 'mixed' reviews. It's got a 98, a 92 and a 7 (from EDGE, who are oft harsh). The only 'poor' one is the one from Gamespot, but it's like saying Halo 4 had 'mixed' reviews because of the one from Quarter To Three. It's far too early anyway, but a metascore of 80+ seems likely.

And Rayman Legends is an easy game to get into, and can be played in a few minutes, but one which shows off the advanced graphical fidelity, the play on Gamepad function, and the touchscreen functionality. So that's why it is included.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

The "this time" in the title is unneeded.

So... is Wii U doomed? i think it's been like what 11 hours? is that a new record? let me check... *goes* (just kidding btw...)

spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
@OP, maybe its you. Maybe you just might not like the system. The Batman screenshot was clearly a shot with the textures not loaded, but their have been reviews where they said that the Wii U version had a chopiness to it. But i wouldnt say it is a shoddy port, at least not from what i played. Even if i didnt care for the pad functions.

ZombiU?? LOL come on man, did you really expect that to be stellar? Its a damn Ubisoft launch game, did you not learn your lesson from Red Steel 1? (although ZombiU looks better) or Rayman 3d?

People want to try out Mario?? No they dont, its Mario everyone knows how its going to play, you can buy just about any Mario, especially the 2d ones and know exactly what you are getting, and blame that on Ninty if you cant play the game, GS has nothing to do with it. Whats wrong with Rayman? Thats a game that NEEDS to be demoed because from the sales of the last game, people dont know about it. What are these mature games you want demoed?

So you are saying that people want to play Rayman on a Wii Ulaunch. Most people do not even know what the wii u is. Mario would be the perfect game to showcase the system. Speaking of which, the 3DS does not have a demo for heroes of ruin...no it has a demo for paper mario. Because that is what people want to try.

You and conegamer cannot tell me that third parties are not F**ed up for giving us lazy ports and zombiU

I'm not defending 3rd parties, but it's clear they're making an effort. No launch has ever had such good 3rd party support; particularly from Nintendo. Rayman, Lego City, ZombiU, Bayonetta and more are all 3rd party exclusives which will out within the coming few months; if not already. 

I'm not saying devs are correct in porting old games over, but at least it gives people a happy library to start off with, rather than the Vita scenario and have nothing for months.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kivi95 said:
spurgeonryan said:

So we are getting lousy ports yet again, and exclusive games that are not worth the code that was written on them. ZombiU is getting mixed reviews, Turkish has post a screen shot of Batman that makes me want to be sick to my stomach, and we are getting Mass Effect 3.

Then I go to the Gamestop and finally get to play and use the game pad. What was playable on it? At the very end of the list if you look hard enough you can play Rayman. Yippee skippy! People want to try out Mario and some mature games to see how they work on the Wii U.

What the hell is the problem with these people and companies?

How was Rayman:Legends? :). That is the game I would buy later if I ever buy the Wii U. 

It looks really great.

3rd Party companies don't make enough money on Nintendo anymore. The only games that do very well on nintendo are 1st party. These ports are more like tests in the water to see If wiiU users are going to get the 3rd party games or are they just going to buy Mario and Nintendoland. If most nintendo users are going to buy Nintendo games why waste money and time putting your game on their platform.