By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: New PS4 details from PSM3 Magazine

"4th Used games are not readily run on the PS4."

BS, Sony would lose more than gain with this.

Around the Network

There's a new word for 4 that the Japanese use now. Sony would be better off with full digital library along side retail than to eliminate used games as they would avoid backlash while gaining digital sales power like they are doing with the Vita.

This is just every rumor we've heard over the last few years bundled together, this is nothing.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

If this is all true, Sony really is doomed. Fortunately, it probably isn't. I don't think Sony is dumb enough to keep hedging their bets on the move.

As others have said, if they decide to implement an anti 2nd hand games feature, they can say goodbye to success. And I would never buy a console with ads.

Games being registered isn't a problem, and PS3 BC is something to be expected given that they are going with a completely different architecture.

Also from that link,

The console will use an AMD Accelerated Processor (4 cores). The chip carries the code name "Liverpool" and is produced in a 28-nanometer process.

Where is this coming from? The rumors talked about an 8-core chip, and now it's a 4-core one? And AMC CPUs are made by Global Industries which doesn't have a 28nm fab process yet.

The only hardware related "info" that I can believe to be true is Sony going with 16GB of Flash storage, for the lower model.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

i don't know for the japanese but in china. the number 4 have almost the same pronunciation as the word death (actually the tone is not the same). that's why people try to avoid it for their phone or car id number.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Around the Network

The Japanese have two words for 4. Shi (which is the word for death) and youn (probably spelled it incorrectly). The same with 7 it contains shi(chi) so there is a second word for it also, nana.

Chandler said:

Edit: Also, concerning the 4 means death thing. I was born on 4/14/1984

UNPOSSIBLE.  There are only 12 months in a year!

(Seriously though, I thought only Americans wrote their dates this way.  That's why I could get served alcohol there when I was 20 because they read my birthday backwards to how a UK passport prints it.  Didn't realise it was in Germany too!)

On topic:  No.

Kresnik said:

Chandler said:

Edit: Also, concerning the 4 means death thing. I was born on 4/14/1984

UNPOSSIBLE.  There are only 12 months in a year!

(Seriously though, I thought only Americans wrote their dates this way.  That's why I could get served alcohol there when I was 20 because they read my birthday backwards to how a UK passport prints it.  Didn't realise it was in Germany too!)

On topic:  No.

No we don't write dates in germany this way. I just figured since this is an english forum I'll go with english conventions. But don't expect me to use your other silly metrics lol

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:

No we don't write dates in germany this way. I just figured since this is an english forum I'll go with english conventions. But don't expect me to use your other silly metrics lol

In England we'd (or at least I'd) write your birthday as 14/04/84.  I'm guessing you're meaning because the majority of user here are American?  In which case, fair enough, but don't get too sucked into their nonsensical date-writing!

I call fake!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.