By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS,Sony, Nintendo published games 1m+ sellers

Thanks HappyS :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

I don't know how legit it is to have Sports Champion, Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures added because they were all pretty much bundled to where they are now if I'm not mistaken but it's nothing too serious

Edit: also, who is going to do the 1st party vs 1st party thread? Should I do it? ;)

I'll do it later if you all want me too.  But if I do you all need to list all the 1st party companies because Ill miss some otherwise.

JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

Actually, this seems like a legitimate point.  I was with you on yesterday's thread but this is misleading.  Games like Borderlands weren't published by Microsoft in their primary markets.  I think you're going to at least need to clarify that in the OP, though removing them would probably be the right path.

Then point me to the terrirtories they were published in and Ill adjust the numbers according to that.  I know  Demon's Souls was Published in america.  Borderlands was Japan from what someone said earlier?

I see you've fixed Demon's Souls and Borderlands. Mass Effect 2 (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/28815/mass-effect-2/) and Dance Central (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45609/dance-central/) were both only published by MS in Japan also. You can see this by looking at the release history beneath the global numbers. It lists the date of release and the publisher for each territory.

Are there also 3rd party software sales chart for each console to?

JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:
Actually, this seems like a legitimate point.  I was with you on yesterday's thread but this is misleading.  Games like Borderlands weren't published by Microsoft in their primary markets.  I think you're going to at least need to clarify that in the OP, though removing them would probably be the right path.

Then point me to the terrirtories they were published in and Ill adjust the numbers according to that.  I know  Demon's Souls was Published in america.  Borderlands was Japan from what someone said earlier?

Borderlands was originally published by 2K in NA and Europe, and actually published the GOTY edition in Japan.  Microsoft only published the original version in Japan.  Mass Effect 2, only published by Microsoft in Japan.  Demon's Souls, only published by Sony in Japan.  None of those games are close to 1M, though Demon's Souls didn't do badly.  Looks like the same deal with the Dance Central games.

Around the Network
GreyianStorm said:
JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

I see you've fixed Demon's Souls and Borderlands. Mass Effect 2 (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/28815/mass-effect-2/) and Dance Central (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45609/dance-central/) were both only published by MS in Japan also. You can see this by looking at the release history beneath the global numbers. It lists the date of release and the publisher for each territory.

Fixed I believe.  Unless you are just talking about 1 dance central and not both

Actually I looked it up.  The 2nd dance central is published by microsoft.

Pavolink said:
What a bomb Skyward Sword :(

3.46 is well within Zelda range. 3-7 million is about the capacity for this franchise, depending very much on the style of the game and the timing of its release in the cycle.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
What a bomb Skyward Sword :(

3.46 is well within Zelda range. 3-7 million is about the capacity for this franchise, depending very much on the style of the game and the timing of its release in the cycle.

It really isnt a bomb seeing as any game is very privelaged to sell over 3 million on any one console.

KeptoKnight said:

Are there also 3rd party software sales chart for each console to?

Yeah just subtract 1st party from the total software and you got it.  

JayWood2010 said:
enditall727 said:

I don't know how legit it is to have Sports Champion, Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures added because they were all pretty much bundled to where they are now if I'm not mistaken but it's nothing too serious

Edit: also, who is going to do the 1st party vs 1st party thread? Should I do it? ;)

I'll do it later if you all want me too.  But if I do you all need to list all the 1st party companies because Ill miss some otherwise.

If that's the case then you don't need to do it at all..