By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS,Sony, Nintendo published games 1m+ sellers

Sure creates an interesting look at the different user bases. It makes me wonder how different franchises would do if they were switched around. Killzone on the 360, for example, or Gears of War on the Wii. Maybe Fable or DKC on the PS3.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Sure creates an interesting look at the different user bases. It makes me wonder how different franchises would do if they were switched around. Killzone on the 360, for example, or Gears of War on the Wii. Maybe Fable or DKC on the PS3.

Killzone 2 would have sold probably 3-5 million on X360. Fable and Donkey Kong on PS3 probably wouldnt fit, Killzone 3 probably 2-4m.  They would prob sell less. Gears on PS3 would probably have sold roughly the same on the ps3 as it did on X360 because when gears first came out that is what everyone was talking about.  It basically started the TPS for this generation.

Oops.  You said gears on the Wii.  yeah it would have sold badly on the wii.  One big draw to gears was the graphics for that time and the Wii wouldnt have been able to present it the same way.  

We need a thread for exclusive franchises now. I bet Sega can win that one.

Pavolink said:
What a bomb Skyward Sword :(

I say Nintendo fans didn't buy because of the motion controls 

or people read the reveiws of gamespots and didn't buy it 

"Nintendo fan for life"

lurkerwithnosoul said:
We need a thread for exclusive franchises now. I bet Sega can win that one.

What do you mean exclusive franchises?  Of all time?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:

3.46 is well within Zelda range. 3-7 million is about the capacity for this franchise, depending very much on the style of the game and the timing of its release in the cycle.

It really isnt a bomb seeing as any game is very privelaged to sell over 3 million on any one console.

I am pretty sure it is considered as a bomb by Nintendo, 3.46m is not a lot for a Zelda game that took so long to make and that was supposed to appeal to the mass market. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see an HD remake of this game on the wii u in the near future.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:

3.46 is well within Zelda range. 3-7 million is about the capacity for this franchise, depending very much on the style of the game and the timing of its release in the cycle.

It really isnt a bomb seeing as any game is very privelaged to sell over 3 million on any one console.

I am pretty sure it is considered as a bomb by Nintendo, 3.46m is not a lot for a Zelda game that took so long to make and that was supposed to appeal to the mass market. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see an HD remake of this game on the wii u in the near future.

I'd be up for that.

Nice clear and unambiguous thread title, published means published.

miz1q2w3e said:
Nice clear and unambiguous thread title, published means published.

What are you even talking about?

Everyone seems to forget Saints Row for Xbox 360