By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS,Sony, Nintendo published games 1m+ sellers

babuks said:
metalmonstar said:
The real shock is according the to numbers Microsoft has better first party games than Sony. We all knew Nintendo was higher than the others no shock there. Why does Nintendo's list have some random third party games in it? Also why is Monster Hunter in that list, as far as I know it is only published by Nintendo in the west.

That depends on personal choice. One thing is sure that Sony has diversity in games genre and covers almost all types of games. On the other hand Xbox is shooter-heavy. 

The Top 7 of Sony consist of racing, action and platform genres.

The top 7 of MS are 6 shooters and ..whatever Kinect Adventures is.

So yes, personal choice.. or as we in our clan would say, "American choice".

Around the Network

the truth hurts

I can't help but feel it's a little unfair to list Borderlands, Dance Central and Mass Effect 2 in the Xbox 360 category, considering they were only published by MGS in Japan, and their Japan totals add up to a whopping 70,000 sold copies combined, yet you are counting them as over 8.5 million copies sold for MS-published games.
Likewise, Demon's Souls should be removed from the Sony list, seeing as Sony only published it in Japan.
There are also a bunch of Wii games (basically the Sega developed ones) that weren't published by Nintendo for the most part.

GreyianStorm said:
I can't help but feel it's a little unfair to list Borderlands, Dance Central and Mass Effect 2 in the Xbox 360 category, considering they were only published by MGS in Japan, and their Japan totals add up to a whopping 70,000 sold copies combined, yet you are counting them as over 8.5 million copies sold for MS-published games.
Likewise, Demon's Souls should be removed from the Sony list, seeing as Sony only published it in Japan.
There are also a bunch of Wii games (basically the Sega developed ones) that weren't published by Nintendo for the most part.

I am not counting them.  I made a list yesterday that people bitched about.  Then Pezus made a list that people bitched about so here is what the companies them selves published. 

GreyianStorm said:

this... a copy paste is so easy but unverified info just makes the thread so less meaningful...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
GreyianStorm said:

this... a copy paste is so easy but unverified info just makes the thread so less meaningful...

Oh I was wrong, we got a few people bitching and complaining....

Still much less than yesterday so it's ok.

JayWood2010 said:
sergiodaly said:
GreyianStorm said:

i am not bitching... but if you want to create a thread that is discussion worth, at least do it right so this unnecessary stuff don't need to be pointed out... or you could take the right path... correct the OP and apologize instead of accusing others of bitching when they are right.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

JayWood2010 said:
sergiodaly said:
GreyianStorm said:

Actually, this seems like a legitimate point.  I was with you on yesterday's thread but this is misleading.  Games like Borderlands weren't published by Microsoft in their primary markets.  I think you're going to at least need to clarify that in the OP, though removing them would probably be the right path.

I don't know how legit it is to have Sports Champion, Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures added because they were all pretty much bundled to where they are now if I'm not mistaken but it's nothing too serious

Edit: also, who is going to do the 1st party vs 1st party thread? Should I do it? ;)

pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:
sergiodaly said:
GreyianStorm said:

Actually, this seems like a legitimate point.  I was with you on yesterday's thread but this is misleading.  Games like Borderlands weren't published by Microsoft in their primary markets.  I think you're going to at least need to clarify that in the OP, though removing them would probably be the right path.

Then point me to the terrirtories they were published in and Ill adjust the numbers according to that.  I know  Demon's Souls was Published in america.  Borderlands was Japan from what someone said earlier?