By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS,Sony, Nintendo published games 1m+ sellers

metalmonstar said:
The real shock is according the to numbers Microsoft has better first party games than Sony. We all knew Nintendo was higher than the others no shock there. Why does Nintendo's list have some random third party games in it? Also why is Monster Hunter in that list, as far as I know it is only published by Nintendo in the west.

Yeah...over quarter of MSFT list were Kinect shovelwares. I wouldn't call that better games unless you are like 5 y.o.

Around the Network
pezus said:
metalmonstar said:
The real shock is according the to numbers Microsoft has better first party games than Sony. We all knew Nintendo was higher than the others no shock there. Why does Nintendo's list have some random third party games in it? Also why is Monster Hunter in that list, as far as I know it is only published by Nintendo in the west.

And why Mass Effect 2 on the 360 list? It wasn't published by MS

Yes.  It was exclusive for a long time too.  I believe it came out for ps3 either 6 months or a year later.

JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
metalmonstar said:

Yes.  It was exclusive for a long time too.  I believe it came out for ps3 either 6 months or a year later.

So timed exclusive counts too? LOL...

xwan said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
metalmonstar said:

These are published by the companies.  Go to the software on vgchartz.  Pick the publisher and console and this is what you get.  If timed exlusives counted then you would see a lot more on the X360 list.  Mass Effect 2 was originally published by microsoft and then later ported to ps3 by EA

I'm just glad we dont have the bitching and complaining like previous threads.

Around the Network
metalmonstar said:
The real shock is according the to numbers Microsoft has better first party games than Sony..

Not really a shock at all. Firstly, the X360 had an entire year head start on the PS3. Secondly, during the first half of the generation, the X360 prospered while Sony bordered on death with first party support consisted of dangerously low-selling games. It wasn't until the second half of the generation when Sony's first party could match Microsoft's. But Microsoft advantage during the first half still exists and you can see it with these numbers.

Thirdly, the 360 has a big advantage with hardware distribution. The similar hardware numbers between the PS3 & 360 suggest that they will have similar software numbers, but the 360 has a massive advantage in North America which buys the most software. Lastly, looking back throughout the generation, many of Sony's biggest IP's had very few installments. For example, both Gran Turismo and God of War had one installment. In contrast, Microsoft's biggest IP's always had several installments, especially Halo.

Recent years probably seem to suggest that Sony has been beating Microsoft in first party forever, but anyone who thinks about the entirety of this generation, franchise release frequency, and hardware distribution would expect a considerable Microsoft lead. No one should be surprised or shocked by this list.

As for Microsoft having the better first party, that depends on what you want, I guess

Borderlands was released on PS3 and Xbox on the same date October 20, 2009, both published by 2K games

JayWood2010 said:

No bitching allowed, just discussion.

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
xwan said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
metalmonstar said:

These are published by the companies.  Go to the software on vgchartz.  Pick the publisher and console and this is what you get.  If timed exlusives counted then you would see a lot more on the X360 list.  Mass Effect 2 was originally published by microsoft and then later ported to ps3 by EA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_2

Mass Effect 2 is an action role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts.

It even says so in that list. It was published by EA on all platforms. ME1 was published by MS on 360 and then EA took over to publish it on PC.

You're probably right about this.  I do remember a lot of people pissed when EA got the rights for Mass Effect.  Id have to go back and turn on my game to see if Microsoft helped or something.  If not then it's an error on vgchartz

xwan said:
JayWood2010 said:

No bitching allowed, just discussion.

Yeah you haven't seen the previous threads have you? lol

This thread i don't really see how anybody can complain, but we will see what happens