By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What can be done with Isreal? Realistically!

the2real4mafol said:
a pro-palestine public vs a pro-israel government in the west now thats interesting.

http://rt.com/news/israel-gaza-attack-protests-932/

we had protests here already in the UK, I went to one of the ones in Bristol and we have one at my Uni on Monday too, there was a huge turnout for the one in Bristol and they had a massive one today in London as well

Around the Network
RoryGamesFree said:
Kasz216 said:
RoryGamesFree said:
Slimebeast said:
menx64 said:
MrBubbles said:

another senior hamas military commander has been killed

last i read was like 25 dead 11 civilians 5 of whom are children (source is gaza health officials)

and that is not a massacre you said? how many lives do they have to vanish before we can call it a massacre? every live, every life is important, regardless of their beliefs, nationalities, genders... 

It's collateral damage, which is very unfortunate but something Israel tries to avoid.

A massacre is something entirely different, killing done on purpose.

bullshit they do, it's at least 39 now the death toll, if any other nation did that people would be apauled, but Israel does it...

they also killed over 900 civilians in the last conflict, they make no effort to avoid civilian casualties, none whatsoever, heck at least Hamas admit their (much cruder and doing far less damage/killing far less people) rocket attacks aren't targetted to avoid people (though I suspect this is mainly because unlike Israel they lack the tech to do so)

it's barbaric and depraved that you would try and justify the slaughter of children, Hamas is also an elected government, again if you bombed any other nations government it would be an act of war and such, but again one rule for people the USA don't like, one rule for their satelite terror state in the region...

Israel specifically have dropped pamphlets outlying which buildings to avoid.  The problem is, hamas likes human shileds, havings some kids in important buildings plays well in public opinion battles when they die.

Additionally, if one country fired hundreds of missles at your country a year.... every year....

I'd guess you'd order an attack on their government.

This repsonse only came AFTER Israeli citizens were injured and killed.

Yet almost nobody in the thread shows the slightest bit of contempt for the people who provoked the conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2012#January

I have seen a UN report that states that the IDF used human shields ("During the period under examination, the Israeli occupying forces also rounded-up thousands of Palestinian males and approximately 7,000 were detained by Israel in a mass arbitrary detention. Many of the detainees were subjected to ill-treatment and, according to reports, some were tortured. The occupying forces raided and searched innumerable Palestinian homes, humiliated and harassed residents and in many instances looted homes. An even more condemnable practice was the use of Palestinian civilians as human shields while conducting those searches and while carrying out military advances in Palestinian cities, villages and refugee camps."

"Then comes the Israeli military assault on the Jenin refugee camp, one square kilometer in which 13,000 Palestine refugees, who were uprooted from the homes and properties in 1948, had been living. The assault began on 3 April and continued for 10 days. The Israeli occupying forces used helicopter gunships to fire TOW missiles against such a densely populated area. The occupying forces also used anti-aircraft guns, able to fire 3,000 rounds a minute. They deployed scores of tanks and armored vehicles equipped with machine guns and used snipers. The occupying forces also used bulldozers to raze homes and to burrow wide lanes throughout the camp, knocking down whole blocks of homes, in many instances while the inhabitants were still inside. The occupying forces intensively used civilians in the camp as human shields while conducting this military assault."), I have seen 0 evidence that Hamas do, and certainly not in this conflict. they are the democratically elected government...in elections the EU and other observes said were fine and reflected public will...the kids may well be their own because they don't expect other nations to get away with bombing a democraticaly elected government.

in response to being illegally occupied, treated like dirt and being refused access to basic amenietes...if anything it's restrained, Israel had done more than enough to provoke a war by any other nations standards with Gaza decades ago, those rockets also kill people rarely and indeed more Israeli's die of peanut allergy in an average year than the rocket attacks.

and AFTER the illegal occupation and stuff I mentioned, oh and after the IDF shot a child and assasinated government officials...

largely because they didn't, they are a crude militia of a military force at best in an occupied and beseiged piece of land that they can't even sustain themselves with thanks to Israel...

If you've seen no proof of it.  All that proves is that you aren't looking.  Since they outright say they intentionally use human shields during Israeli bombings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTu-AUE9ycs

As for the rest of your statement... these are terrible incidents... and why are they just incidents?   Because it's RARE when Israel has slip ups like this.

Compaired to Hamas where such things are the standard.

You won't find an army anywhere in the world engaged in a conflcit that has a perfect humans rights record because often times the military under the stress fucks up.

Also, you've got your cause and effect wrong.

Everything Israel has done has been BECAUSE of the rocket launches.  They came first.

If you want proof....

Look at the West Bank.

Compare the West Bank to Gaza.  

Ask "Why are these two areas so different. If what Israel wants is just to tortue Palestinians"

This is a bed of Gaza's own making... What israel is doing  is nothing any other country wouldn't be doing under the same circumstances.

It's fine to be calm about it over in the UK.  I'm guessing if your uncle got killed by a missle though, or father, or even child... I think you'd want airstrikes to destroy their missle launching capabilties.   Which is what these attacks are.

I don't think, with your family in the crossfire, you'd want to allow them the freedom to procure more and more missles, and to go for a "1 for 1" policy on air strikes, letting constant missle launching sites be built until enough deaths have been "racked up" to allow you to protect your own people by destroying one of the dozens of launchers aiming to kill your people.

Like some ridciulious beurcratic game of calculus with peoples lives.

If anyone needs to look in the mirror when it comes to promoting inhumane activities... it's you.

RoryGamesFree said:
the2real4mafol said:
a pro-palestine public vs a pro-israel government in the west now thats interesting.

we had protests here already in the UK, I went to one of the ones in Bristol and we have one at my Uni on Monday too, there was a huge turnout for the one in Bristol and they had a massive one today in London as well

Ok cool but i'm from London and this is the first i heard about it, I guess any British media ignored it completely. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the Israeli action is actually bad for what it is. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Kasz216 said:
RoryGamesFree said:

I have seen a UN report that states that the IDF used human shields ("During the period under examination, the Israeli occupying forces also rounded-up thousands of Palestinian males and approximately 7,000 were detained by Israel in a mass arbitrary detention. Many of the detainees were subjected to ill-treatment and, according to reports, some were tortured. The occupying forces raided and searched innumerable Palestinian homes, humiliated and harassed residents and in many instances looted homes. An even more condemnable practice was the use of Palestinian civilians as human shields while conducting those searches and while carrying out military advances in Palestinian cities, villages and refugee camps."

"Then comes the Israeli military assault on the Jenin refugee camp, one square kilometer in which 13,000 Palestine refugees, who were uprooted from the homes and properties in 1948, had been living. The assault began on 3 April and continued for 10 days. The Israeli occupying forces used helicopter gunships to fire TOW missiles against such a densely populated area. The occupying forces also used anti-aircraft guns, able to fire 3,000 rounds a minute. They deployed scores of tanks and armored vehicles equipped with machine guns and used snipers. The occupying forces also used bulldozers to raze homes and to burrow wide lanes throughout the camp, knocking down whole blocks of homes, in many instances while the inhabitants were still inside. The occupying forces intensively used civilians in the camp as human shields while conducting this military assault."), I have seen 0 evidence that Hamas do, and certainly not in this conflict. they are the democratically elected government...in elections the EU and other observes said were fine and reflected public will...the kids may well be their own because they don't expect other nations to get away with bombing a democraticaly elected government.

in response to being illegally occupied, treated like dirt and being refused access to basic amenietes...if anything it's restrained, Israel had done more than enough to provoke a war by any other nations standards with Gaza decades ago, those rockets also kill people rarely and indeed more Israeli's die of peanut allergy in an average year than the rocket attacks.

and AFTER the illegal occupation and stuff I mentioned, oh and after the IDF shot a child and assasinated government officials...

largely because they didn't, they are a crude militia of a military force at best in an occupied and beseiged piece of land that they can't even sustain themselves with thanks to Israel...

If you've seen no proof of it.  All that proves is that you aren't looking.  Since they outright say they intentionally use human shields during Israeli bombings.

As for the rest of your statement... these are terrible incidents... and why are they just incidents?   Because it's RARE when Israel has slip ups like this.

You won't find an army anywhere in the world engaged in a conflcit that has a perfect humans rights record because often times the military under the stress fucks up.

Everything Israel has done has been BECAUSE of the rocket launches.  They came first.

If you want proof....

Look at the West Bank.

Ask "Why are these two areas so different. If what Israel wants is just to tortue Palestinians"

This is a bed of Gaza's own making... What israel is doing  is nothing any other country wouldn't be doing under the same circumstances.

It's fine to be calm about it over in the UK.  I'm guessing if your uncle got killed by a missle though, or father, or even child... I think you'd want airstrikes to destroy their missle launching capabilties.   Which is what these attacks are.

I don't think, with your family in the crossfire, you'd want to allow them the freedom to procure more and more missles, and to go for a "1 for 1" policy on air strikes, letting constant missle launching sites be built until enough deaths have been "racked up" to allow you to protect your own people by destroying one of the dozens of launchers aiming to kill your people.

If anyone needs to look in the mirror when it comes to promoting inhumane activities... it's you.

so they copy the tactics of the people who attack them and occcupy their land, who'd have thought people do that...

the IDF are depraved scum mate, face it, your Zionism has blinded you but by all means ignore the facts.

yeah cause the West Bank is doing so well as a result right? there's also huge geographical differences that are the primary cause of the differences, cutting off Gaza from the West Bank is also a cause of the radicalisation in Gaza...it's a death camp of Israel's making, the only reason they don't do it in the West Bank is that the geography and controls they have over it are much more of an issue or people there would fight back against the cuntish scum of the earth rats that are the IDF and the illegal occupation of their land.

you again demonstrate you care not for the thousands upon thousands of Palestinains whose lives have been ruined by Israel's actions, occupation and attacks and ignore that Israel always kills far, far more civilians and people in general in every conflict it has, but hey when you are a blind cunt who cares about anyone other than your precious Israeli's right? I would rather no-one died, but clearly you are happy with near genocide but are angered by any defence against that genocide.

burecratic game? like the USA refusing to ever allow the barbarism of Israel's government to be held to account you mean? like their ignorance of the thousands of deaths, kidnappings and people living in poverty in Gaza because of Israel?

no it is YOU, your attitude is sickeningly depraved and you are a shame to humanity with it, your love of every Israeli life but utter dismissal of all the Palestinians who die and your love of the Israeli government and military whilst condemning everyything Hamas does without question...you are not only in the wrong, but you are blind to it, you are no better than people who defended the Nazi's and Hitler.

User has been banned for this post ~Barozi

the2real4mafol said:
RoryGamesFree said:
the2real4mafol said:

Ok cool but i'm from London and this is the first i heard about it, I guess any British media ignored it completely. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the Israeli action is actually bad for what it is. 

the BBC has a huge Israeli lobby constantly pressuring it, not to mention that many of it's executives are known to collude with Zionists, the government here, well, the largest interest group within the Conservative Party is the CFI (Conservative Friends of Israel) (blind zionists basically), a similar group Labour Friends of Israel is prominent within their party as well, the Lib Dems historically have been very critical of Israel even calling for an end to UK aid/arms to them, but now in coalition they have capitulated on that just like any other polices they had that werent depraved. the rest of the UK media is owned by bussinessmen who have interests/partners in Israel or who are Zionists as well, so your best bet is outside the mainstream or blogs or overseas media like Aljazeera or Russia Today, Democracy Now! is an indy news programme from the USA that can be good at times as well.

Around the Network
RoryGamesFree said:
the2real4mafol said:
RoryGamesFree said:
the2real4mafol said:

the BBC has a huge Israeli lobby constantly pressuring it, not to mention that many of it's executives are known to collude with Zionists, the government here, well, the largest interest group within the Conservative Party is the CFI (Conservative Friends of Israel) (blind zionists basically), a similar group Labour Friends of Israel is prominent within their party as well, the Lib Dems historically have been very critical of Israel even calling for an end to UK aid/arms to them, but now in coalition they have capitulated on that just like any other polices they had that werent depraved. the rest of the UK media is owned by bussinessmen who have interests/partners in Israel or who are Zionists as well, so your best bet is outside the mainstream or blogs or overseas media like Aljazeera or Russia Today, Democracy Now! is an indy news programme from the USA that can be good at times as well.

Yeah that's pretty much why I get my news from Russia Today/ Al Jazeera now, they focus on everything/ most things that go on in the world rather than events that are key to their self-interests. It's sad that these western governments even dare to claim they are representative at all. We say one thing, and they do the other, it's just sad.  

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

RoryGamesFree said:
Kasz216 said:
RoryGamesFree said:

If you want proof....

Look at the West Bank.

so they copy the tactics of the people who attack them and occcupy their land, who'd have thought people do that...

the IDF are depraved scum mate, face it, your Zionism has blinded you but by all means ignore the facts.

yeah cause the West Bank is doing so well as a result right? there's also huge geographical differences that are the primary cause of the differences, cutting off Gaza from the West Bank is also a cause of the radicalisation in Gaza...it's a death camp of Israel's making, the only reason they don't do it in the West Bank is that the geography and controls they have over it are much more of an issue or people there would fight back against the cuntish scum of the earth rats that are the IDF and the illegal occupation of their land.

you again demonstrate you care not for the thousands upon thousands of Palestinains whose lives have been ruined by Israel's actions, occupation and attacks and ignore that Israel always kills far, far more civilians and people in general in every conflict it has, but hey when you are a blind cunt who cares about anyone other than your precious Israeli's right? I would rather no-one died, but clearly you are happy with near genocide but are angered by any defence against that genocide.

burecratic game? like the USA refusing to ever allow the barbarism of Israel's government to be held to account you mean? like their ignorance of the thousands of deaths, kidnappings and people living in poverty in Gaza because of Israel?

no it is YOU, your attitude is sickeningly depraved and you are a shame to humanity with it, your love of every Israeli life but utter dismissal of all the Palestinians who die and your love of the Israeli government and military whilst condemning everyything Hamas does without question...you are not only in the wrong, but you are blind to it, you are no better than people who defended the Nazi's and Hitler.

A) They did it first... they weren't copying anybody.

B) Again... why is Gaza cut off.   You don't seem to know.  Again, it was because of Hamas' actions.  No other reason.

I don't love Israel.  I quite honestly don't give a shit about Israel.  The world would of been much better off if your people would of told the Jewish people "No you can't settle in Israel.".  Nor do I dismiss the palestinians that die.  This whole thing is your countries fault afterall.  Quite honestly it's the UK that should be cleaning up it's own damn mess.

I simply don't have any favorites nor a reason to have a favorite so i can look at reasonably.

It's pretty simple.  As long as Gaza keeps firing rockets into Israel.  Israel has every right to do what they can to stop those rockets from killing someone.  If the IRA got big again and Ireland start lobbing rockets into England to get land you guys are still occupying, i'm guessing you'd want Ireland invaded and it's missle launching capabilties destroyed. 

The idea of "proportiant force" is a stupid one, once things escalate into the other side trying to kill you.  At that point, you shouldn't have to apologize for being better at it when the other side just won't stop.

If Gaza stopped firing rockets, stopped the terrorism.   They'd have a moral highground.  As it is though, what happened to them only happened because of their own terrorism... and to blame Israel for this is to essentially blame them because they're better.

It's like having a small kid next door constantly pick fights with you, then you get the blame because when you fight back you inevitably win.

Which is actually Hamas' strategy.

When Israel tried to step back and do the right thing... Hamas attacked them harder.  As it is, Hamas see's gazan's lives as nothing more but poltiical capital to be spent... and that's exactly what they are doing.

When instead, such acts are rejected, and they accept a peaceful doctrine.  Then they will have the moral upperhand.

As it is, they're just like a drunk smaller asshole picking a fight with a bigger asshole.

Also while Al Jazeera is good... the RT or Russia Today has been described by more then one ex soviet intelligence official as state funded Russian propaganda.

Russia Today is essentially Russian Fox News.

the2real4mafol said:
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:
MrBubbles said:
the2real4mafol said:

I honestly forgot how bad the holocaust actually was, so just compared it to gaza without thinking about it, which was dumb. But i do know it is a very serious topic.

But back to gaza, operations like this have been going on for years literally. For example, in 2008, 1400 palestinians died from an operation just like the one now, even though only 10 israelis died at that time, which is way over done. And this happened many times, but yet the USA, UK etc. just ignore it, even though it's clearly wrong. Even if i was Israeli, I would condemn the government for doing such horrid acts. 

cast lead was different than whats been happening with pillar of w/e they are calling it.   ideally they dont even want to go in at all.  they can exert much greater precision and control with air strikes and the like.   with the iron dome in place they might not even need to go in because they can stop so many of the rockets that threaten them.   the most probable way for a civilian(in gaza) to die in this conflict is from seconadary explosions (militants store weapons in residential areas, the israelis use low explosive weapons because they dont need to use stronger ones.  it hits the weapons the weapons blow up thus damaging a great deal more than the missile could ) or from militant rockets and mortars falling short.

israel also wants to avoid a ground offensive because of egypt being controlled by hamas friends in the muslim brotherhood.  one of their initial targets was the head of the hamas military wing.  guy was a terrorist war criminal.  he was even responsible for the brutalisation of fatah in gaza, so i dont imagine abbas is all that upset about it.

this was all set off by an anti tank rocket hitting an israeli jeep on the border injuring three soldiers escalating up to this point.   in 48 hours before the operation over 100 rockets were fired into israel.

Yeah it is a hard situation they have to work with, every country around them, wants them gone. It doesn't take too much to start a great in the middle east at the moment does it. The general Arab ignorance and Israeli overeaction in campaigns just make it worse

It's hard to call it an overreaction when no other country in the world is put under similar circumstances that they are. The gaza strip where these terrorist launch rockets into isreal are in need of international intervention since they clearly cant take care of themselves.

It certainly has the power to be an overeaction. It seems, the situation is firmly in Israel's hands meaning it can do as it wishes without anyone saying a thing. But i doubt international intervention would happen in Gaza, even though its peacekeepers jobs to do that

Israel while they certainly could afford to show more restraint, does not have the situation firmly within their hands. The gaza strip is sadly out of control and given the hate of israel and the harsh conditions there international peacekeepers i believe are the best option. The internation community has to actually do something before it can criticize israel actions while their under such conditions that they are not.

Unfortunately, what is more likely. Is that we in the west, will continue to turn a blind eye to it all, like nothing is happening at all. It would be a miracle if the UN came to some sort of resolution or action on this at all

Sadly i have to agree with you on that point. Things are most likely going to get a whole lot worse before they start to get better (if at all).

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

the2real4mafol said:

But why do you compare Brits to nazis, thats unfair. We may have repressed people in our colonies, but we never systematically killed people in mass like them. The nazis are on new heights when it came to doing horrid and unforgivable things to other races. They worked people into the ground, gassed them, burned them, starved them, done whatever they could to make their victims feel completely worthless. We brits never were anywhere near that bad, the slaves had it way better than the victims of the holocaust.

It's not about Britian per se, it's about colonial empires in general, British Empire just being the prime example among them. Goebbels admitted that they've learned a lot from their "British friends" and perfected it, like gas chambers and concentration camps used in Kenya. The whole idea of untermenschen and utter racism has been idee fixe for a whole generation of British theorists of colonialism, who proclaimed Britain as a leading force of the civilization (even famous Mackinder wasn't free of that). The saving grace for British in that regard probably was lack of technological advancement at the time, which prevented from maintaining highly effective death factories (hence "never were that bad") and lack of "marketing" of wrongdoings with photo- and film materials, plus the fact they never practiced this kind of atrocities in Europe. Of course, to a degree every colonial empire including even the US is guilty of this kind of things (hence the term "white man guilt"), but it's no surprise that I mentioned British Empire specifically.

So the idea is not who killed more, but substantial things like mentioned in my point #2. Americans might have already overcome your "score" by their drone attacks on yet another village by accident, but they do not practice purpsoeful genocide approvied by high authorities, like Britain did here and there.

Bonus: British have invaded nine out of ten countries :D

It should be noted that Britain was invaded, too. Three times AFAIR, out of which two were successful.