By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ the best thing out of this generation?

The best thing and most value?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 102 77.27%

haven't tried it out, no :'( 30 22.73%

Total:132

So much value, its crazy. With + coming to Vita, its getting even better, more freebies and MOAR games! I'm not even talking about the extra cloud storage!

1 downside to all of this: where the hell do we find the time to play all these games? My backlog only gets bigger and PS+ ain't helping!

PS+ will get even bigger next gen when Sony unveils Gaikai. Imagine the possibilities. :O :O :O

Around the Network

It's the greatest thing if you can't afford many games I guess... Or if you're not selective and are happy to play whatever you get for free.

disolitude said:

It's the greatest thing if you can't afford many games I guess... Or if you're not selective and are happy to play whatever you get for free.

They put some great titles and the 60 minute demos are awesome. The preview betas as well worth the price as well. I like the cloud storage but I hate having to separate my saves. Its not about not being able to afford games, but I am playing games on it I probably would never have played otherwise. It just added more hours to my PS3 value.

I say they showed the world how a real premium service is provided. They need to have more offerings for next gen to justify the price when the new consoles come.

I wouldn't say greatest, but I certainly would say it's a great value and I've put it to much better use than I ever imagined.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

No, Flower is.

I think it might be the best and most original innovation of this generation. We'll have to see how it takes hold next generation.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
disolitude said:

They put some great titles and the 60 minute demos are awesome. The preview betas as well worth the price as well. I like the cloud storage but I hate having to separate my saves. Its not about not being able to afford games, but I am playing games on it I probably would never have played otherwise. It just added more hours to my PS3 value.

I guess it works fo some. 

I don't have time to play and discover games like that. So far this year I've played Mass effect 3, Max Payne 3, few arcade and DLC titles, Resident Evil 6 and Halo 4...that's it. 

Throwing more games at me is worthless to me as I really don't have the time or will to play them. 

I think its certainly great value. I wouldnt say you get free stuff though. You are after all paying for the service.

disolitude said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
disolitude said:

I guess it works fo some. 

I don't have time to play and discover games like that. So far this year I've played Mass effect 3, Max Payne 3, few arcade and DLC titles, Resident Evil 6 and Halo 4...that's it. 

Throwing more games at me is worthless to me as I really don't have the time or will to play them. 

Question. Why would you buy Plus if you dont want bonuses thrown at you? Its a premium service to keep you gaming and add to your overall free experience.