By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Has anyone seen Cloverfield? If so, what did you think of it?

A decent movie. Sit as far back from the screen as you possibly can, or you'll probably get motion sickness lol

Around the Network

Reading the comments so far, I'd say l would like it. I personally tend to like complicated movies that do things differently straying away from mainstream crap.

Thank you all. ^_^

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

It was a decent movie :P Major probs with the camera work >< I just don't like that style I guess :P

BTW, is it only me? Or did the monster MASSIVELY remind you of Resistance Fall of Man :P 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can bet that I will be watching it sometime soon.

the idea of the movie is to leave questions unanswered its supposed to be like you are a person during the attack with no idea of what is going on

Around the Network

i loved it,loved the whole camera thing,only problem was it was too short,and no real sense of closure,but other than that,great movie

swyggi said:
Reading the comments so far, I'd say l would like it. I personally tend to like complicated movies that do things differently straying away from mainstream crap.

Thank you all. ^_^

I wouldn't say it's all that complicated. The opening - the taping of the party - doesn't convey information in any sort of standard exposition, but it isn't hard to follow either. And after the monster attacks, it's a pretty straightfoward narrative of characters going from point A to B to C.

I liked the idea of the movies but i didn't like the execution. Cloverfield is not a monster movie. Its a love story with a monster attack as the back drop. I left the theatre knowing pretty the same amount of info that I did going in. Plus a couple of things about the movie really bothered me, especially the ridiculous initial evacuation plan.

Movie mannors have improved if that answers your other question. :)

Darc Requiem said:
I liked the idea of the movies but i didn't like the execution. Cloverfield is not a monster movie. Its a love story with a monster attack as the back drop. I left the theatre knowing pretty the same amount of info that I did going in. Plus a couple of things about the movie really bothered me, especially the ridiculous initial evacuation plan.

You're a fool. The plotline - "love story" - was largely a gimmick, playing into many stereotypical elements of the over-sized monster flick. The plotline was a mere vehicle by which to carry across a mood of pandemonium, suspense, confusion and adrenaline; it was a vehicle to carry across the cinematic/cinematographic creativity of Abrams and his talented counterparts.

Every bit of the movie was about the monsters and the devastation they wrought.

On another topic, I saw an artist's rendition of the lice the other day, but for the life of me, I can't locate it anymore. Has anybody else happened on it, by chance? And I'm not talking about the louse pictured with the Cthulhu-esque (whalelike) monster, either.

SW-5120-1900-6153