By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up! (Includes new adjustments)

Train wreck said:
Euphoria14 said:
As for the numbers, they look great, but considering VGC and it's incredible overtracking last month in the US I would be very wary of these and not take them as gospel. That is quite a large jump.

I could be wrong, but at this stage of the generation our tracking isn't doing so hot.

I hope i'm wrong though. A healthier industry is good news.

The most recent NPD did mention sales picks for the PS3 X360 the DS and 3DS late in the month, but yea we had some huge discrepancies for the US last month.

I did see that, but still, it's hard to overlook a month where XBox and PS3 were overtracked by huge margins. I believe they were each somewhere around 100k or so right?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed III still doing very well. Anyone else expect a bigger jump for the 360 in terms of hardware, though? I guess I just underestimated existing market saturation.

Barozi said:
ioi has 3.8m for Halo 4 FW. hmmmm

Looks like my prediction was right on the money.

Barozi said:

Damn was about 400,000 out... 

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Barozi said:

Should be a little higher

Around the Network

Halo 4 getting over 2,000 Xbox's sold in Japan which is hard to do for the 360, huge ww sales this week! 360 hitting the 70 million mark! Even the Wii came up bigger than usual, perhaps people can't wait for the Wii U so they looked to satisfy their Nintendo sweet tooth early. Who will sell the most consoles during this holiday season, the 360 or The U?!?!?!

bananaking21 said:
z101 said:
bananaking21 said:
also vita numers are actually up with no software releases lol maybe its finally picking up some sales? CoD could help it alot along side all starts

The "dead" Wii has higher sales than Vita ... I think that says it all.

After the first few CoD-Vita reviews I don't think that this game will boost sales, the boost will even be lower than Liberation-Vita boost.

people are so pessimistic on this site

It's not being pessimistic, it's unfortunately the reality. I do hope Sony manage to turn the Vita situation around but so far it looks like nothing will help the system for the rest of the year.

OT: Incredible Halo 4 and AC III sales and lol at football manager 2013 on the UK sales, Europeans love their football. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Can the 360 afford to lose a week to PS3 this holiday season??

As a big ps3 fan, and also as a big halo fan, I'm happy that Halo still continues to be the juggernaut that it is. WIth that said, hopefully Xbox 360 does not enjoy a similar gap next week with Black ops 2 releasing on both consoles. :)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

sales2099 said:

Forza Horizon - #17
Forza 4 - #22 (vgchartz FINALLY included the bundle)
GT 5 - #49

Ouch on LBP Karting. Shame. Should be higher.

360 beating PS3 by 100k
Halo 3 + rest of 360 software dwarfs competition

The world finally makes sense to me :)

it didn't make sense to you before? Considering sony was throwing out the best games on any platform consistently.. while microsoft re releases HALO a billion times.. along with FORZA and GEARS.. and relies on multiplats to keep going.....

right

nice sales.. but I doubt the 360 sold that much =/ I really do.. VGC has been overtracking the 360 consistently and by a large amount in the U.S..

mM