By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up! (Includes new adjustments)

I mean it´s nice to see the numbers every week, but the 360 for example has been overtracked (at least in the US) for quite a while now. Wii too, even if on a much smaller level. So when are adjustments coming?

Around the Network
z101 said:
bananaking21 said:
also vita numers are actually up with no software releases lol maybe its finally picking up some sales? CoD could help it alot along side all starts

The "dead" Wii has higher sales than Vita ... I think that says it all.

After the first few CoD-Vita reviews I don't think that this game will boost sales, the boost will even be lower than Liberation-Vita boost.

people are so pessimistic on this site

I agree with Sales 2099 (not on the conspiracy talk) but Forza and Skyrim should be higher if the X360 shifted 250k in NA with the bundle. Are they digital downloads or actual cased games?

Same with the bundled PS3 games if the PS3 moved 100k.

No huge surprises here this week. 360 on top and will likely stay there next week and the week after; before either the WiiU or (more likely) the 3DS take over for December.

Interesting to see the Wii still increase faster than the Vita though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Forza Horizon - #17
Forza 4 - #22 (vgchartz FINALLY included the bundle)
GT 5 - #49

Ouch on LBP Karting. Shame. Should be higher.

360 beating PS3 by 100k
Halo 3 + rest of 360 software dwarfs competition

The world finally makes sense to me :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Lbp karting bomba?
55k fw in the US isnt very good is it?
Other than that, we are in the best part of the year for chatz, it was about time!!!

For this week last year; the newest COD game came out which messed up the figures. So I've just taken the numbers from the week before, though understand this will likely be 10-20% lower than the actual figures were it the same week (if that makes sense):

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
PS3 343,974 (+19%) 55,553,849
3DS 343,350 (+41%) 6,491,449
X360 302,354 (+8%) 57,416,850
Wii 228,846 (+12%) 88,944,311
DS 114,818 (+17%) 148,254,686
PSP 106,790 (+1%) 71,265,203
Total1,440,132(+18%) 

You can easily see how the Wii has dropped off the map, how the PS3 is relatively flat (though likely a little down) and how the 360 is (currently) quite a bit up. Though obviously Halo added about 100k sales, so it's a skewed picture. The 3DS I'll leave as the same; for this time last year Super Mario 3D Land came out, and it was Animal Crossing this time. So pretty similar.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

bananaking21 said:
z101 said:
bananaking21 said:
also vita numers are actually up with no software releases lol maybe its finally picking up some sales? CoD could help it alot along side all starts

The "dead" Wii has higher sales than Vita ... I think that says it all.

After the first few CoD-Vita reviews I don't think that this game will boost sales, the boost will even be lower than Liberation-Vita boost.

people are so pessimistic on this site

Well 3DS is outselling it by almost a factor of 7. What do you expect?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Train wreck said:
I agree with Sales 2099 (not on the conspiracy talk) but Forza and Skyrim should be higher if the X360 shifted 250k in NA with the bundle. Are they digital downloads or actual cased games?

Think vgchartz finally included it, but I still think it should be higher.

57000 Kinect Adventures is mostly the 360 bundles I guess, 4 gb 360 is a big seller, and the Halo 360 sold maybe 100k this week?

Guess the sales for Forza 4 represent the leftovers. But then again its the most "core" bundle of all 360s. Hard to believe it only moved sub 30k