By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does sony have a franchise that will sell the PS4 out of the gate

My prediction is that, Versus, which has been intentionally kept for the end of this gen just like IX and XII for their respective gens, will easily match FF XIII's sales on the PS3.

Around the Network
Farsala said:

Definitely Gran turismo, and Uncharted is almost equal to Gears. Then their is God of war which can almost equate to Fable and Forza.

God of War is bigger than Fable and Forza

DarkTemplar said:
I believe Gran Turismo and an exclusive old-school like Crash Candicoot are a very good combo for the PS4 launch.

Crash Bandicoot has been multiplatform for over a decade.

I don't imagine Uncharted 4 would be ready for next fall (assuming they are even launching next year).

That would probably be the ideal launch title though.

Yes, those are big enough. And they are all Sony 1st party titles.

Microsoft only has Halo. Gears is an exclusive 3rd party franchise.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I don't imagine Uncharted 4 would be ready for next fall (assuming they are even launching next year).

That would probably be the ideal launch title though.

I think it'll be a "launch window" title IMO. They got The Last of Us coming t oPS3 next year. Naughty Dog has 2 teams but I still doubt they'd release 2 AAA games in the same year, while one of them being next-gen.

To add to my previous comment, I think 3rd party exclusives will be much more important next gen. 1st party alone won't be enough.

kain_kusanagi said:
DarkTemplar said:
I believe Gran Turismo and an exclusive old-school like Crash Candicoot are a very good combo for the PS4 launch.

Crash Bandicoot has been multiplatform for over a decade.

I know and this why I put "exclusive" before it but not before Grand Turismo.

FFVII remake.

Kula World.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Farsala said:

Definitely Gran turismo, and Uncharted is almost equal to Gears. Then their is God of war which can almost equate to Fable and Forza.

God of War is bigger than Fable and Forza

Yes, the Fable and forza is bigger then God of war though. Though Forza and Fable are on decline, too soon to tell with God of war. So that is why I say they are almost equal.