By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Ops II sells 8m day one apparently

Until now, i am finding this game to be the best call of duty since MW1 IMO, great maps design and the multiplayer run very smoothly at least for me, unlike black ops 1 and MW3.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
riderz13371 said:
VGKing said:
man-bear-pig said:
green_sky said:
man-bear-pig said:
pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
"According to one daily newspaper in the UK"

I call bullshit

Wait a few more hours for official word from Activision then. Do you expect less?

I'm not sure. What did MW3 sell in its first 24 hours? I think it'll be less than that.

Anyway, UK newspapers are the biggest bullshitters on earth, so I'd take this with a massive pinch of salt

In Norther America and Uk MW3 sold 6.5 Million copies on launch day. Prob more if you take in account the rest of the world. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/activision-call-duty-modern-warfare-260607

Edit: Found another article. MW3 sold 9.3 Million on launch day. http://www.lensoftruth.com/modern-warfare-3-sells-nearly-10-million-copies-day-one-biggest-industry-launch-ever/

Oh, well then 8m seems reasonable (1.3m less than MW3)

Doubt it would drop off that much.

Funny how when you thought the numbers were too high you were saying this was fake, but once you think the numbers are low, "it seems resonable".

Why do you even bother with him? Hese just mad that his precious recent Xbox game will only be in the spotlight for a week.

What? Give it a rest. 

Just report him. Thats what I did. 

Yay!!!

People sure do love lack of innovation and more of the same. :(

Impressive sales though.

Wagram said:
People sure do love lack of innovation and more of the same. :(

Impressive sales though.

This is probably the first CoD game since CoD4 that's actually trying something new (at least in campaign).

Seems a bit of a weird one to be complaining about lack of innovation.

Halo4warduntodawn said:
Haha I hear this is a horrible game

What i find funny about this guy is, as an obvious Halo fanboy, he has even trolled on the Halo 4's wall.

OT: It appears that my hope that Halo might have succeeded in toping Black ops II's 360 sales isn't going to happen.

Around the Network

I picked this up last night. My first CoD since the first Modern Warfare.

2 chapters into the campaign and i'm really enjoying it so far.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

How many years will this series continue to sell like this? They are not bad games at all, but to be selling these amounts year after year? I'm puzzled.

Think for yourself, question authority

nothing shocking. Surprised it did'nt sell more.