By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

miz1q2w3e said:
Mr Khan said:

My 45: "Star Wolf" could be an accurate description of this game's protagonist, having nothing to do with Nintendo or Star Fox otherwise.

Okami?

Yes. Ammy being the "sun" goddess, plus the game implied that the celestial civilization was just aliens.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Cheddarchet said:

#44 Hint: Well known character placed in a very different style of game from previous entries in his series in this particular title.

Wind Waker?

46) Fallout 3 (PS3 / 2008 / RPG)

A really enjoyable game. I don't love it as much as I do Elder Scrolls, but it's a lot of fun in its own way and there's really nothing else like it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

#46: WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness/Beyond the Dark Portal (1995)
Last Year: New

I still remember my first time seeing WarCraft II in action, and I was amazed at what I saw. Amazing sprite graphics, immense battles, and a plethora of unique units... all encased in an awesome fantasy setting. When I got to play the game for myself, it took a while for me to understand the intricasies of the gameplay... as this was my first real time strategy game. But once I got a hold of it... I was having a blast controlling the alliance or the horde, slaying all that stood in my way. Oh, and the Horde was so much cooler than the Alliance. Dragons? Death Knights? Ogre Magi? Oh yes. Mages had Polymorph though, so at least they got something.

^^I used to play that game all the time... Now I barely recognize screenshots of it x_x

Around the Network

Game 45 is an RTS with squad-based combat.

Kantor said:

I finally got one of yours, Dawn of War!

Game #45

It was my first entry into the long running series. It's also a launch title. ^_~

miz1q2w3e said:
Kantor said:

I finally got one of yours, Dawn of War!

Close enough. Dark Crusade.

#46. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii, 2008)

I bought my Wii (and Wii U) just because Nintendo promised SSBB at launch with online. While not holding up in the end, I ended up buying it 3 days later after coming back from a wedding from Mexico. This game is a fun fighter and an even more fun as a party game with friends. This was the reason to own a Nintendo Wii and will always hold up as the reason for buying  Nintendo consoles.

#45 hint: Many people started this game at 3 though I take it that they didn't care for the story to play it.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls