By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Scoobes said:
snfr said:

47. Half-Life 2 (PC and PS3) - Overall a great and addictive FPS.

My #46 is another PSN game, but not an exclusive one.

The Walking Dead?

Nope, see my post above ;)

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

46 is Borderlands 2

It's new and I'm still playing it but it's SO much better than Borderlands 1 it deserved a mention.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

My #46 is Wii Sports Resort. It might share a title with Wii Sports, which was bundled with the Nintendo Wii in 2006, but Wii Sports Resort is light years ahead of its predecessor in terms of quality. Instead of five sporting events, Wii Sports Resort boasts 12, almost all of them winners. They include: swordplay; wakeboarding; frisbee; archery; basketball; table tennis; power cruising; canoeing; cycling; air sports; and golf and bowling, both returning from the original Wii Sports. All events make use of the Wii MotionPlus add-on, which is necessary to play the game, and therefore respond much more accurately to player movements. Wii Sports Resort is a title that could easily be overlooked or dismissed as a sports bundle for the very young or very old. On the contrary, Wii Sports is one of those rare games that appeals to all generations, has something for everyone, can be played – and enjoyed – alone or in a group, and can be used ad infinitum.

So this was the mystery game. It has a castle, ruins, swordsmen, archers, and a loyal dog companion, but it's not an RPG. It's one of the best selling games of all time, and it's set on Wuhu Island: a location that has appeared in five games, most recently in Pilotwings Resort and Mario Kart 7 -- two 3DS games :)

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

46: The best game based on a comic ever. An awful, awful comic story, but an amazing game.

Comix Zone for the Genesis?

That game is awful.

Oh well, different strokes for different people I guess, but Comix Zone is often considered, critic-wise, one of the best games with a comic based theme and amongst one of the best in the entire Genesis catalogue, so that's why I said it .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

46th - Ayrton Senna Super Monaco GP II (Genesis, 1992)
The only racer worthy of entering my top 50 list, Super Monaco GP II stands above much more realistic, complete or overall better designed racing games solely due to the fact that it's the most fun I've ever had in a game of the genre. A very worthwhile attempt at making a semi-realistic racing game on a 16-bit console, it did have some good points to it, like course layout being very well done, with the actual slopes, inclinations and speed changes of the tracks of the 1991 championship, it also did have some components, like proper slipstream, actual grip reduction in rainy tracks and car damage sufficient enough to even cause you to retire from the race(features that were only available on the top line of simulators at that time, like Geoff Crammond's Gran Prix and that some modern simulators still don't have). 
Also, the career mode had a very stimulating component to it, by starting off at one of the lowest tiers of constructors (C League constructor, Serga) and working your way up until you dethrone Senna himself and take his place at the Madonna constructor (best car, by far) and winning the world championship. This usually took a very long while, having to go through at least 2 full fledged, 16 track championship, so the game had a lengthy gameplay. All-in-all, a very good, fun and still contemporary racer.

Number 45 will be a very shadowy game, with a character named after an US president.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@ Veknoid_Outcast:
I would've never guessed that!

ishiki said:
Scoobes said:
S.Peelman said:
Scoobes said:

Clue for No. 46: RPG sequel but not made by the same developer that created the original.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Long ass name I know, the original was by BioWare, the sequel by Obsidian.

Close, the developers are correct

Neverwinter Nights 2, or Mask of the Betrayer specifically?

Yep, well both actually. Will post properly when I'm back from work.

S.Peelman said:
@ Veknoid_Outcast:
I would've never guessed that!

:) I'm proud I stumped you guys.

Here's the clue for #45, not nearly as cryptic:

The predecessor to man-bear-pig's pick for greatest of all time.

46. Perfect Dark (N64)

The spiritual sequel to Goldeneye 007, and another entry from Rare's golden era, which I lost uncountable hours to in its multiplayer mode in the summer of 2000. My group of friends and I would run almost daily tournaments (we did go outside every now and then, honest!), and it was always fantastic fun. Of course the single player mode was pretty good as well, so once the multiplayer was over for the day, many of us would return home and play a bit of the single player mode. We were that obsessed with it.

My 45th game is a puzzle game with a difference.

VGChartz

ganoncrotch said:

Comix zone was one of the original Dark souls games... a game that was hard just for the sake of being hard. So many places in Comix Zone that just killed you unless you had played previously and knew what was going to kill you on top of that you get one life.... no thanks.

Edit My 46 is a Great shooter than spawned into a load of odd spin off games and tactics games but only the original had a promo pic that had characters with their lower legs cut off! HORRIFYING.

Star Fox

Yeah, I rememeber that pic x_x