By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kantor said:

No, it's not Kain or Kane or Kayne or any variant of that. If you jumble my username a little and add two letters, you get the character's name.

Three races, one added by an expansion, 30-chapter story, cheats feature prominently in the game's fan culture.

*ponders*

Does the Naga count as an extra race?

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Kantor said:

No, it's not Kain or Kane or Kayne or any variant of that. If you jumble my username a little and add two letters, you get the character's name.

Three races, one added by an expansion, 30-chapter story, cheats feature prominently in the game's fan culture.

*ponders*

If you're thinking about WCIII, the Naga would be the 5th race not the 3rd.

Signature goes here!

Kantor said:
Player2 said:
Kantor said:
Michael-5 said:
Kantor said:

Clue for 13: Main character's name is similar-ish to my username. Long (30 level or so) campaign split into three sections.

Legacy of Kain?

Nope. It's a strategy game and the main character's name is more similar to my username than that.

Command and Conquer 3?

Kanye West Conquers Asia and Europe: The Game.

Three races, but only one Kanye

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

TruckOSaurus said:
Smeags said:

*ponders*

Undead, Orc, Human, Night-Elf... Naga! Yeah I'm tired. -_-

TruckOSaurus said:
Smeags said:
Kantor said:

*ponders*

Oh, I meant that the fourth race was added by the expansion.

But not Warcraft III, no.

There is less to differentiate the races physically than in Warcraft 3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

#13 - Spyro the Dragon (PS1)

As guessed by Veknoid.

If I was being entirely objective, I could probably pull this game to shreds.  It doesn't contain the tightened gameplay of the sequels.  It doesn't have the lovable side-characters of the sequels.  It has some horrific difficulty spikes in places.  The camera can be an absolute nightmare  So on and so forth.  But you know what, put this game in and begin playing and you don't give a damn.  It's just a bloody awesomely good time.  3D collection platforming at its finest, Spyro 1 had you tracking down Gnasty Gnorc and freeing the crystalised dragons of the realms.  Setting up the franchise perfectly, there was just a great mix of collecting gems, toasting bad guys and exploring the beautiful, coloured worlds.  Add in one of the best soundtracks in videogames (Stewart Copeland is a musical genius) and it's easy to see why this game makes my list!

#13: Resident Evil 4 (2005)
Last Year: 13

I've always been a fan of the Resident Evil series before Resident Evil 4. The problem was that I was just too chicken to play any of 'em. Seriously, I've watched my friends play and beat the previous games, and was perfectly content with that (I even have the Players Guide to REMake... without ever owning REMake. ). But by the time 2005 rolled around, I was ready. It was time to put on my big boy pants and enter the realm of survivor horror. And it was a good thing too, as Resident Evil 4 is one of the finest games ever crafted. Superb graphics, haunting music, full 3D enviornments and movement, enough tension to even make Chuck Norris sweat, and amazing pacing. Despite the fear, you never wanted to stop playing because you wanted to see what happen next in Leon's nightmarish adventure. I've played and beaten this game 10 times now, testament to how fun a game this one really is. Definitely a gem in the world of video games.

Hint for #12:

Ooh that feels nice.

Clue for my #12 - "patients are reminded not to die in the corridors"; 'the squits' and rat infestations make this hands down the funniest game I have ever played.

Here it comes.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson