By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

#16: Pokemon Gold/Silver (2000)
Last Year: 15

Pokemon Gold/Silver is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. At the time of its release, I was already a full-fledged Pokemaniac. Pokemon games, cards, toys, television shows, movies... I did it all. So when Pokemon Gold/Silver was revealed... the sheer thought of a brand new world to explore, brand new types (Dark Pokemon? Sweet!), and above all else... brand new Pokemon to catch blew my mind. The game delivered, and traveling the world of Johto was amazing. The game also presents one of the greatest after-game content I've witnessed in gaming: the ability to return to Kanto, the world of the original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. What an incredible gift for Pokemaniacs the world over. Oh, and battling Red? What a treat. This game was truly filled to the brim with amazing moments.

Around the Network

#15: Mario Kart 64 (1997)
Last Year: 14

Mario Kart 64 remains one of the greatest (if not the greatest) multiplayer games I've ever played. This was hours of sheer fun with friends in a plastic cartridge. Whether it was Versus mode or Battle mode... the game was always able to put a smile on our faces through it's simple, accessable gameplay. The game also contains some of the most memorable stages, including Bowser's Castle, Wario's Stadium, DK's Jungle Parkway, Yoshi's Valley, and Peach's Royal Raceway (I loved exploring the castle...). Battle mode was full of smiles and laughs as well... and it was one of the few games where coming in last wasn't a bad thing, as it was a blast (pun intended) to hunt others down when you turned into the Bob-omb racer. All in all, Mario Kart 64 is home to a plethora of happy times and wonderful memories. Good times indeed...

Hint for #14:

O_O

u_u

>_<

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TruckOSaurus said:
#14 Hint: This series started on NES but wasn't as popular until they added one word at the end of the title and released the gem on PlayStation.

Metal Gear Solid

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smeags said:

Hint for #14:

O_O

u_u

>_<

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Mario Kart Wii?

@Mr Khan: 10 pts for you.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Mario Kart Wii?

@Mr Khan: 10 pts for you.

Nope. MK64 remains my favorite Mario Kart.

The scene I portrayed came from a specific scene in the game, if that helps at all.

My second hint from the game you couldn't get referenced the RageCandyBars Team Rocket would sell you in Mahogany Town.

green_sky said:
Hint for #14. This game was introduced at Macworld Expo in 1999 by Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.

Not sure about this one, but Halo?

Kresnik said:
green_sky said:
Hint for #14. This game was introduced at Macworld Expo in 1999 by Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.

Not sure about this one, but Halo?

Yep. Halo: Combat Evolved. :D

Smeags said:

Hint for #14:

O_O

u_u

>_<

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hint #2:

Both antagonists recieve splitting headaches.

Mr Khan said:

My 14 started on a console, grew famous on handhelds, and with this game, jumped ship to another manufacturer, who helped promote the game in the West.

Monster Hunter 3.