By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

32th hint:
- The game is not gold, but it has a soul.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
32th hint:

Pokemon Soul Silver

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
AlphaCielago said:
32th hint:

Pokemon Soul Silver

Correct. That hint was propably easy.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

32nd hint: this game is usually considered the peak of a series that has gone dramatically downhill lately, after this game the series abandoned its roots.

SangheliZealotX said:
32nd hint: this game is usually considered the peak of a series that has gone dramatically downhill lately, after this game the series abandoned its roots.

I'm thinking either Resident Evil (GameCube) or Resident Evil 4.

Around the Network

#33: Halo 2

Only two Halo games made my top 50 list, and this is the first. Although the single-player campaign is sometimes criticized for its brevity and cliff-hanger ending, I thought it was masterful. Excellent production values, level design, and mechanics. And this extends to the multiplayer modes, which were brilliant in 2004, and still stand up today. A worthy successor.

Clue for #32:

A sixth-generation multiplat, the sequel for which is on the "backburner."

#33: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (2007)
Last Year: 25

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is meaningful to me in that it was the first Pokemon game where I really got into the competitive Pokemon scene. EV's, IV's, Natures, Abilities, Braces... my plunge into the crazy and twisted world of Competitive Pokemon started here. My "ultimate" team consisted of Leafeon, Alakazam, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Regice, and Infernape. They did me proud. Speaking of which, Diamond and Pearl introduced a plethora of great new Pokemon, including two of my favorites: Weavile and Leafeon. I was a big fan of the game introducing new evolutions to prevoius Pokemon that had been forgotten over the generations. And I'm also a fan of the game not making physical/special attacks dependant on the typing. Dark types everywhere appreciate that. So overall, Diamond/Pearl introduced me to a new side of Pokemon, all while enhancing and improving the already amazing formula. Good stuff.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #32:

A sixth-generation multiplat, the sequel for which is on the "backburner."

Beyond Good & Evil?

Hint for game #32:

This game contains half-breeds, a bird that's actually a god, and cat-girls.