By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Game #37 is from a Strategy RPG series known for its crappy graphics, but people don't care. This one is the fourth.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Game #37 is from a Strategy RPG series known for its crappy graphics, but people don't care. This one is the fourth.

The fourth, if you mean in the West, then we're talking Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Or you could mean Disgaea 4

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

The fourth, if you mean in the West, then we're talking Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Bolded: Ding Ding Ding!

Fire Emblem did NOT have crappy graphics for the time/for the system it was on.

Disgaea 3 (PS3) looks like a PS1 game.

I've been slacking off on my list but I wanted to post about two additions to my list this year, let's start with #39:

#39. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Yes Nintendo finally did it! They proved that motion controls could be used in a waggle-free way in a core game. If you ask me they shouldn't have waited so long but the important thing is that they did it and they did it well. Skyward Sword is a great addition to the legendary series that is Zelda. It's also the first (and only) game to inspire me enough to write a full review of it. You can read it here if you're interested.

Signature goes here!

36. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)

Time didn't treat this game well in my list, dropping it from 12th.  As a game I still think it's the most complete in the series with plenty of characters and a complete story driven platformer with more non-standard boss fights.  The additions of Solid Snake and Sonic from other companies felt like a big change from the normal cast (though Snake seems terribly out of place).  This game's major bonus was the variety of moves available across characters.  There were still clones, but they seemed to differ by a little more than previous entries.  The control scheme with just the wiimote was rough but adding in the nunchuck made it easier to control.  The power of moves decreased if you used them too much so you had to be knowledgeable in your moveset.  The smash balls added some fun extra moves but tended to reduce the focus on how consistent you needed to be win a game.  The high level AI characters could have been a little better but the difficult of extra modes like boss battle made up for it.  Ultimately, the reason this game dropped so far is that it just doesn't play as well as I would have hoped after sinking a bunch of time into it.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I've been slacking off on my list but I wanted to post about two additions to my list this year, let's start with #39:

#39. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Yes Nintendo finally did it! They proved that motion controls could be used in a waggle-free way in a core game. If you ask me they shouldn't have waited so long but the important thing is that they did it and they did it well. Skyward Sword is a great addition to the legendary series that is Zelda. It's also the first (and only) game to inspire me enough to write a full review of it. You can read it here if you're interested.

lol @opening sentence

miz1q2w3e said:
Mr Khan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I thought you were joking until I looked up some screenshots. Yeesh.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

#38. Diablo III

Those of you who remember my list from last year (i.e. no one) know that Diablo II was ranked pretty high up, so it's only natural that 12 years in the making sequel gets a spot on my list as well. It doesn't rank quite as high as DII because I do have some issues with the gameplay that make it less appealing than its predecessor but Diablo III is easily my most played game of 2012 with around 120 hours spent on leveling my Wizard, my Monk and my Demon Hunter.

The game can be addictive as hell (pun intended) and Blizzard keep adding to it with each new patch that comes out (paragon levels, monster power, uber bosses), Plus there's still the PVP to look out for and the inevitable expansion so many more hours of fun to be had!

Signature goes here!

F0X said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I thought you were joking until I looked up some screenshots. Yeesh.

haha yeah

lol @looks people give me when they see me playing it. They don't believe me when I tell them it's a great game. Hard to show off deep and engaging gameplay mechanics in a screenshot :(

#35 Hint: The hero of this game has an ass worth saving.

Signature goes here!