By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which games do you defend the most?

I'd defend Starcraft: Brood War to the death. It's perfect.

I'll also defend Tiberian Sun and Pokemon Yellow.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

None. I used to have a few but I realized it's not worth the headache.

4 ≈ One

I dunno man I don't really have any fav games that are considered bad and need to be defended. My all time favs are like CoD4, Fallout 3, SW Battlefront, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, etc...all of which are considered pretty good or even great.

I used to defend the CoD series up until around Black Ops (although I didn't defend MW2) but I don't bother anymore because I agree it sucks now (I'm getting BO2 though for zombies and I'll try the online of course).

GameOver22 said:
DanneSandin said:
Pesmerga7551 said:
Player2 said:

Probably Pokemon. Those games usually get bashed by people who never played them, so I can say anything about them and get away with it.

No they get bashed by people who play them and hate that it's always the same formula, but the worst part is the same damn story. You throw this with the ever worsening Pokemon after Gen 1, it just isn't to much to be happy about. Enough with the team WHAT EVER. Enough with the direct rival that picks the pokemon to your weakness. Enough with the same crap. So easy to make a awesome Pokemon game, but they just make the same damn thing over and over.

I guess that's why people bash on CoD as well - and maybe to a lesser extent on FPS as genre.

Truth is, you can criticize just about every genre for not innovating. This is one of the main reasons I haven't been playing as many games late in this generation. The FPS genre is just a bigger target because the market is so oversaturated with FPSs.

yeah, you're probably right. But then again, when Nintendo innovates by motion control they get bashed for... innovating.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Metroid (other than Other M)

Mainstream pokemon games (via competative environment)

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

Uncharted 3 tbh

My most diss painting game or game I can't stand when people say is good or even dare to say the best in the series.. GTA4.. #hateitsomuchihadtouseahashtag

Pesmerga7551 said:
Player2 said:

Probably Pokemon. Those games usually get bashed by people who never played them, so I can say anything about them and get away with it.

No they get bashed by people who play them and hate that it's always the same formula, but the worst part is the same damn story. You throw this with the ever worsening Pokemon after Gen 1, it just isn't to much to be happy about. Enough with the team WHAT EVER. Enough with the direct rival that picks the pokemon to your weakness. Enough with the same crap. So easy to make a awesome Pokemon game, but they just make the same damn thing over and over.

Somebody does have a "plays games for the story, should read a book instead" meme in the meme thread?

PlaystaionGamer said:
Uncharted 3 tbh

My most diss painting game or game I can't stand when people say is good or even dare to say the best in the series.. GTA4.. #hateitsomuchihadtouseahashtag

If anyone thinks Uncharted 3 is bad, just link them to the Metacritic score.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Oh, I forgot Wind Waker. I actually got into an argument with someone at GameStop when I overheard him complaining about the sailing being "boring."

Wind Waker was an odly good game. I like what Nintendo tried, but I still hope they don't ever try that style of gameplay again. At least not for console Zelda's. Not until they make a true sequel to the N64 games (Twilight Princess was great, but as a Wii game it doesn't feel like it pushed the system like other Zelda's do, and Skyward Sword is amazing as well, but I want something with a grittier feel).

The sneaking levels were my favorite in WW.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

platformmaster918 said:
Heavy Rain. It's one of the most engrossing and emotionally gripping games you'll ever play but most people don't even try it cause it's "all quicktime events" and "not really a game"

Also Resistance 3 but that's mainly because I believe it deserves to be up there with HL2 and Halo 2 as the best FPS games. Its single player is just incredible. The upgrading weapons and the creativity put into them and the enemies just pushes it over the top for me.

I 100% disagree. I beat Heavy Rain in 1 sitting, and if it weren't for a few hilarious glitches (the ending when the houses goes up in flames, I had a glitch where I could walk out, I thought I missed something so I came back in only to be forced to enter the fridge), I wouldn't think the game were anything special, no better then Indigo Prophecy.

I also don't think Resistance is anything special. The story is pretty generic, and I really don't care for the over the top wacky guns.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results