By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii games don't sell, 360 games selling even worse, PS3 has bad attach rate...

Wii (June 2007):
Wii Sports (Bundled)
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Warioware Smooth Moves
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda Twilight Princess
Plus a couple of gamecube games

Xbox360 (November 2007)
Dead Rising
Crackdown
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Eternal Sonata
Assassin's Creed
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (bundled)
Forza 2 (bundled)

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Around the Network

I've bought probably 15 games for my 360, I bought 6 or 7 for my Wii before I sold it, and 0 for my PS3 (I haven't found anything worth more than a rent yet).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wii: 13 months 7 games:
Wii Sport (Bundled 1st Party)
Wii Play (Because of Wii mote 1st Party)
LoZ:TP (1st Party)
Rayman Rabbids (3rd Party)
Mario Strikers Charged Football (1st Party)
Super Mario Galaxy (1st Party)
Metriod Prime 3 (1st Party)

PS3: 4 months 6 games:
Heavenly Sword (1st Party)
Motorstorm (1st Party)
PES 2008 (3rd Party)
Assassin's Creed (3rd Party)
Lego Star Wars: TCS (3rd Party)
Ratchet and Clank: ToD (1st Party)

Ive had my x360 for a little over a year. I cant say how many games ive bought for it because i tend to do a lot of trade in for new games. I would estimate though about 20-30. unfortunately i cant check right now how many ive bought cuz my gf is playing guitar hero .... :(

Wii.

Bought (cheap!) 2nd hand April 07.

Came with Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Zelda (now sold), WarioWare Smooth Moves, Wii Sports and Sonic and the Secret Rings. As well as the wiimote and nunchuk it included a component cable, a classic controller, a Wii memory card, a Gamecube memory card, a Gamecube pad and 2 Gamecube games (Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes).

I bought Wii Play as it was cheaper than buying a remote on its own, another remote (also bundled with Wii Play which I sold), 2 more nunchuks, an extra Gamecube memory card, an extra classic controller and 3 extra Gamecube pads. I also bought Bust A Move, Eledees, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Metal Slug Anthology, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (used). All were cheap. I would never even consider paying anything like full price for a game.

It came with 5 games downloaded on the VC, all 1st party. I haven't downloaded any others but there are 200 points left unused.

In the near future I plan to buy another 2 classic controllers, a nunchuk, a wiimote, Endless Ocean and Mortal Kombat Armageddon. Other games will follow as the prices fall to sub £20.

Around the Network

6 for wii got Feb 07
sports, play. metroid, paper mario, zelda, Raving R

5 for ps3 got Nov 07
UT3, COD4, Warhawk, GHIII, Eye of J

all pseye games.
tekken online
locoroco

no xbox 360,

my ps3 gets the most love, stays in my room plays music and movies.
Wii stays in the living room for when the family or guests feels like playing.
plus my rooms too small to be jumping and waving around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Wow well I own a Wii and a 360. I have no games currently on the 360. All I play is the ones my bro bought, which so far has only been Halo 3 as I've had no wishes to play the rest, at least on my console. I've played them beforehand on his though.

On the Wii I've played 36 different games on it. I think I own currently about 28 of those, majority of them being 3rd party. I currently have downloaded 9 VC games, only 1 being 3rd party.

Wii - bought January 21st of 07

Wii Sports as pack in, also bought extra wiimote and nunchuck

Twilight Princess was bought for about $40 and that was before I even got the system, so lets so you calculate that!

1/0 = infinity!!! (alright, technically undefined, but as your denominator gets smaller, you're result gets larger, so as the denominator approaches 0, the result approaches infinity)

Okay, anyway, that basically was all my budget could handle. Recently I bought Excite Truck for $15 and I've already preordered Smash Bros Brawl.

everything else that I plan to get is laid out in my signature. I'm going to rent No More Heroes, Okami, and Zack & Wiki before buying, but I'm almost certain I'll be getting No More Heroes, might buy it second hand though. Same for Okami; rent first, then buy second hand if the savings warrants it.
Wii play will probably be bought second hand, but I might get it new for a fresh wiimote. Metroid Prime has fairly decent deals when buying second hand, so that's almost certain to be second hand.

Mario Kart might also be bought second hand. If I could, I'd get Wii fit second hand, but I kinda doubt Id' save anything doing that, so I might as well get it new.

basically, I've got a lot of games that I want, but not nearly enough budget for it all, so if I can save $10 after shipping, I'll be buying second hand and also renting a lot to ensure I don't get something that'll only be fun for the first week.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Well ...

I bought my Wii in like April or May of 2007
I have bought at least 2 from retail - SMG and Links Crossbow Training - but I got a $25 gift card with SMG
I have 4 games I bought used
I have 16 I got from PR firms for review

I bought my 360 in April of 2006
I bought 5 from retail
I got 5 from taking surveys at a Microsoft site
I got 1 from taking an online survey
I got the rest of mine from PR firms for review

I put my PS3 on layaway - I pick it up in March
I got 2 games from Namco and Sega for review

I got my DS Lite used in Dec. 2007
I got 4 from PR firms for review
I bought 2 games at retail

XBox 360: 26 months

15 games, none bundled, all full price, 3 first party

Wii: 2 months

4 games, Wii Sports and Wii Play bundled, all full price, all first party

The games bought per month ratio means little to nothing for me because I'll probably buy 4 or more XBox 360 games for every Wii game I purchase in the future.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers