By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:
I just beat Halo 4s campaign.

Its the best looking FPS this generation bar none. Prior to this Killzone 3 was the best IMO but Halo 4 is quite a bit better than it.

At times the game is absolutly jaw dropping. I have no idea how 343 got this kind of performance out of the 360.

The game looks so good because of the CGI. 
CGI > Anything that can be rendered in-engine on any console

Anyway, how has this thread remained opened this long? It's obvious what the OP's intentions were with the thread.(based on this history) This turned into a PS3 vs. 360 thread right from page 1. 

THERES ONLY THREE CGI cut scenes in Halo 4. You do understand that right? Everything else is engine ran.

The three are the one in the beginning, middle and end.  Its not the CGI for pete's sake. 

Really? I've heard there is a mix between CG and in-engine throughout the cutscenes.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Halo 4 is by far the best looking game I've ever seen.

Frankly I don't care if Sony fans agree. I just hope this ends all the debate about PS3 being more powerful.

Uh, it still is. That goes without saying.
It's 2012, there is enough information out there that proves it. 

Halo vs Killzone, Forza vs GT....at this point it all comes down to preference. No one can argue that these games are technically stunning and made by amazing and talented developers.

aronh17 said:

This pic is what I took from Gran Turismo 5 earlier and this is not even in photo mode, it's on Circuit de la Sarthe 2005. Hasn't anyone noticed all the "best looking games" run at 30 FPS? Btw, GT5 runs at 60, not to confuse.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7210/circuitdelasarthe2005.jpg

Almost nobody cares--as far as 95% of gamers are concerned, frame rate is of almost no importance, and devs, to my chagrin, develop with this attitude in mind, e.g. see Insomniac's comments about 60fps gameplay a few years back.

Judging from gameplay videos I think Halo 4 looks better than any other console game, especially if you take into account that it has so much good looking stuff happening on the screen at the same time.

ECM said:
aronh17 said:

This pic is what I took from Gran Turismo 5 earlier and this is not even in photo mode, it's on Circuit de la Sarthe 2005. Hasn't anyone noticed all the "best looking games" run at 30 FPS? Btw, GT5 runs at 60, not to confuse.

Almost nobody cares--as far as 95% of gamers are concerned, frame rate is of almost no importance, and devs, to my chagrin, develop with this attitude in mind, e.g. see Insomniac's comments about 60fps gameplay a few years back.

It matters for high speed racing, and GT5 also renders in 1280x1080. The higher vertical resolution gives a clearer view on the road.
So sure FH has more effects going on and better anti aliasing, but it also has 3 times as much time per pixel to produce the 720p30 picture. And as a result I've driven straight into medians at highspeed in FH that appeared out of nowhere, perfectly blended into the road.
Once you go 200 mph (89 m/s) the difference between 30 and 60fps starts to become important.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:
I just beat Halo 4s campaign.

Its the best looking FPS this generation bar none. Prior to this Killzone 3 was the best IMO but Halo 4 is quite a bit better than it.

At times the game is absolutly jaw dropping. I have no idea how 343 got this kind of performance out of the 360.

The game looks so good because of the CGI. 
CGI > Anything that can be rendered in-engine on any console

Anyway, how has this thread remained opened this long? It's obvious what the OP's intentions were with the thread.(based on this history) This turned into a PS3 vs. 360 thread right from page 1. 

THERES ONLY THREE CGI cut scenes in Halo 4. You do understand that right? Everything else is engine ran.

The three are the one in the beginning, middle and end.  Its not the CGI for pete's sake. 

Really? I've heard there is a mix between CG and in-engine throughout the cutscenes.

I think ifyou count the hidden "Terminals". I think they launch a CGI cutscene whenever you find one.

But its nice to think that a person like you think Halo 4 engine is CGI level lol.  

Yay!!!

Mr Puggsly said:

Frankly I don't care if Sony fans agree. I just hope this ends all the debate about PS3 being more powerful.

lol why you trolling man?

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Uh, it still is. That goes without saying.
It's 2012, there is enough information out there that proves it. 

Halo vs Killzone, Forza vs GT....at this point it all comes down to preference. No one can argue that these games are technically stunning and made by amazing and talented developers.

If it is, we're still waiting for it to be demonstrated.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

dahuman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

lol why you trolling man?

I'm not. Now that the 360 has something that looks better than Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3, maybe we won't get beaten over the head with how amazing those games look.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ECM said:
aronh17 said:

Frame rate is extremely important. It kills me when a developer chooses 30FPS in order to push the graphics.....to me gameplay is much more important.
Ever enter an area within a game and notice a sort of "lag"? That means the frame rate is all over the place. It is extremely noticeable.