By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears franchise sells 19 million units

The Gears of War franchise has boomed to over 19 million sales, up a further million from the last figure disclosed back in July. Microsoft revealed the new milestone to us today.

The publisher wouldn't confirm Gears of War 3's sales figures to us, but we know the game surpassed 3 million in its first week at retail. Back in June 2011, former Epic design director Cliff Bleszinski told IndustryGamers the Gears 3 sales target was "definitely over 6 million," with the interview noting Gears 1 & 2 combined sales being over 12 million. This is only speculation, but today's reveal suggest Gears 3 is nearing if not already over its target.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/07/gears-of-war-franchise-surpasses-19-million-sales/

Around the Network

Great sales.. seems we undertracked a tiny bit.. think on Gears 3..
But I'm more shocked that this is a Turkish thread and not Nsanity's

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Congrats, really Microsoft's second best franchise for them commercially, should get to around 23.5-24M with Judgement.

NiKKoM said:

Great sales.. seems we undertracked a tiny bit.. think on Gears 3..
But I'm more shocked that this is a Turkish thread and not Nsanity's

No one can figure me out.

Good game series that deserves solid sales... If it really deserves 20 million in sales off 3 games, it's up for debate, but 5 mil per game minimum :)

Now let the spin-offs begin.

Around the Network

How's Gears 3? I have yet to play it eventough I have it.

Sales in millions

Gears of War: 5.97
Gears of War 2: 6.55
Gears of War 3: 5.61

Total Sales: 18.13
Shipped 19.00
Difference: 870,000

Very much likely undertracked probably Gears 3.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Turkish said:

If you haven't played it then why did you write a review on metacritic giving it 0/10?

man-bear-pig said:
Turkish said:

If you haven't played it then why did you write a review on metacritic giving it 0/10?

Seriously MBP, enough, stop bringing it up in every thread, it's not helping anything.

man-bear-pig said:
Turkish said:

Hahahaha I just got the biggest deja vú feeling

Gratz Gears!