By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 45- Famitsu & M- Create

benao87 said:
VicViper said:
"Apparently Nintendo shipped 500k copies of Animal Crossing.

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11400191229.html

First day sell-through: 80-90%"

Yeah... this thing is gonna explode.

Does that include Bundles and Download Cards?

The site says yes

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
VicViper said:
NG:

"First day sell through for other titles

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires - 50%
Halo 4 - 50-60%
Silent Hill: Downpour - 30%"

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Halo 4 on my pic-list, I'll add later.

Halo might be able to do 100k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i really thought the vita would sell more in japan regardless,the 3Ds is going to go menatl by the looks of those pics and lineup

Above & Beyond

How do you all think the 3DS will do in next week's numbers? 125k? 150k? Up to 200k????

VicViper said:
NG:

"First day sell through for other titles

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires - 50%
Halo 4 - 50-60%
Silent Hill: Downpour - 30%"

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Halo 4 on my pic-list, I'll add later.

You got the latest Vita vs Dreamcast comparison?

I want to see what it looks like since they've crossed streams a while back.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
"Apparently Nintendo shipped 500k copies of Animal Crossing.

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11400191229.html

First day sell-through: 80-90%"

Yeah... this thing is gonna explode.

From NeoGAF (Mpl90):

Animal Crossing Wild World's LTD after first two weeks: 478,294
Animal Crossing City Folk's LTD after first two weeks: 413,607

Based on the sell-through and the amount of shipped copies, Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Jump Out?) sold 400K-450K copies on ITS FIRST DAY, exceeding (or almost exceeding) City Folk's LTD after 2 weeks and came close to exceeding Wild World's LTD after 2 weeks.

Animal Crossing is HUGE. Can't wait to see final numbers. Hope Nintendo release eShop numbers too.

Kenology said:
Why would Nintendo only ship 500k copies? I know it's available on eShop, but still.

"Only" 500k? Do you realize how big a number this is for a game like this on its first day? Did you know that Nintendo were "only" going to ship 200k initially? They've always shipped a low amount of copies of casual games because casual gamers tend to buy games over the weekend rather than the first day. Besides, they already said they were going to use Animal Crossing to push digital downloading.

C-M-D said:

From NeoGAF (Mpl90):

Animal Crossing Wild World's LTD after first two weeks: 478,294
Animal Crossing City Folk's LTD after first two weeks: 413,607

Based on the sell-through and the amount of shipped copies, Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Jump Out?) sold 400K-450K copies on ITS FIRST DAY, exceeding (or almost exceeding) City Folk's LTD after 2 weeks and came close to exceeding Wild World's LTD after 2 weeks.

Well, this game will sell what it's available.

I hope there's more supply coming in the next few days. To me it's going to sell 1,3 million this month alone, beating mario to a pulp!

Herolink7 said:
Kenology said:
Why would Nintendo only ship 500k copies? I know it's available on eShop, but still.

"Only" 500k? Do you realize how big a number this is for a game like this on its first day? Did you know that Nintendo were "only" going to ship 200k initially? They've always shipped a low amount of copies of casual games because casual gamers tend to buy games over the weekend rather than the first day. Besides, they already said they were going to use Animal Crossing to push digital downloading.

Calm down, dude.

Clearly 500k isn't enough if it sold through it's initial shipment in one day.