By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Best game of 2012 so far 

Around the Network

Been busy today so I've only been able to get up to mission 5, will finish the campaign tomorrow, impression so far:

Gorgeous visuals with an extremely high production bar, everything looks polished and just finished enviroments are awe-inspiring and a true-
throwback to Halo: CE.

Sounds are great and sound "beefier" than before and the soundtrack is fantastic, not quite as memorable as the Original Halo OST, but it serves ad great background mood.

Voice capture and animation are also top-notch.

I really love the story so far, the story between Cortana and John, the Didact's story and what he actually looks like.

My only complaint so far would be the Covenant A.I in mission 1 & 2, Y U just standing der tank?! Shoot me!

Seems to be totally fixed in the missions after though.

Current score: 9.5

Yeah I also noticed that the A.I. is less clever than before...I guess the brutes became so dumb aswell that they got instinct...

Lostplanet22 said:
Yeah I also noticed that the A.I. is less clever than before...I guess the brutes became so dumb aswell that they got instinct...

Wondering if anyone has finished this on Legendary?

I think its the hardest Halo on Legendary. Like pull my air out.

What annoys me about most games in game timer is it doesnt account for death and retry. For example it says that I completed Legendary in 7 hours 43 mins. 

Uhhhhh no Mr Halo 4. I took about 14 hours. LOL.

Sometimes 1 room battle would take me nearly 45 mins to clear. The amount of deaths I had was unreal. 

So I wouldnt listen to the game clocks much. It doesnt count restart after restart after restart. 

Also the flaming Knights on Legendary. 1 is ok. 4 with helpers is enough to make me cry.

Ending was awesome. Love the game.LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best game of the generation by a mile. In production values, gameplay, polish and sound. 

Now to the next 12 months multiplayer.:)

selnor said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Wondering if anyone has finished this on Legendary?

I think its the hardest Halo on Legendary. Like pull my air out.

What annoys me about most games in game timer is it doesnt account for death and retry. For example it says that I completed Legendary in 7 hours 43 mins.

Uhhhhh no Mr Halo 4. I took about 14 hours. LOL.

Sometimes 1 room battle would take me nearly 45 mins to clear. The amount of deaths I had was unreal.

So I wouldnt listen to the game clocks much. It doesnt count restart after restart after restart.

Also the flaming Knights on Legendary. 1 is ok. 4 with helpers is enough to make me cry.

Ending was awesome. Love the game.LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best game of the generation by a mile. In production values, gameplay, polish and sound.

Now to the next 12 months multiplayer.:)

Just finished my second playthrough yesterday, this one was on Legendary, overall I would say it's no more difficult or easier than past Halo games on Legendary, a lot more balanced and fun though, except for one small part on the "Forerunner" level.

I'm sticking with my 9.5 for the campaign, the story, the sounds and soundtrack, the new enemies and weapons, the production bar (I still can't help but stare at the lighting at times), everything is just so good that in my opinion, this is the best Halo SP since Halo: CE

Onto Spartan Ops tonight and War Games tomorrow.

Around the Network

I just did. It was really tough! It took me 8-9hours. Knights are pain in the ass! But totally worth it. Now I have Mjolnir mark VI armor :)

So, when you guys play the game, do you also get a small (just a small one, really) next gen vibe?

Seeing the lightning, explosions, etc...a small sample of what we should expect from early next Xbox games.

Seems like a great game. I will probably get it later on.

Initial impressions are good game, graphics look good to great so far.

I'm only a few hours in, Requim I think it's called, no real wow moments so far. The art style is not my favorite tbh and lights constantly shining in your eyes can be a bit annoying with the heavy bloom. It has the same problem as Killzone, this guy needs to stop for a moment and clean the vaseline of his visor. It does have some great lighting when the view is not obstructed by bloom and lens flare effects. Anyway can't wait to get to the scenes of all those amazing outside screenshots.

The gameplay is fun. The levels so far feel more like multiplayer maps then logical places, especially with the push these 3 switches on the lower level then the next switch on the upper level mechanics. The shooting is very satisfying, especially after I started recognizing the weapon racks. It was a bit hectic running out of ammo all the time at first. (First Halo since Halo 2 for me, forgive me for not knowing all the weapons and enemies in advance)

Just finished the campaign and I have to say. The character development is phenomenal. The graphics are unmatched for an FPS. (Yes, Killzone 3 or whatever but then the color palette in that game is horrible). And Master Chief became human... Metaphorically

Yay!!!