By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto V to sell better on PS3?

Tagged games:

Looking at the best-selling charts today, mainly on Amazon and Gamestop, I noticed the PS3 version coming out on top on Amazon. (PS3 right below 360 version on Gamestop). On Amazon the PS3 version stands at #60, while the 360 version is all the way at #79. Why such a large gap? While writing this thread, it came to me....search results. Go to Amazon and search for "Grand Theft Auto" or "Grand Theft Auto V", what to you see? PS3 version of GTAV at #1, no 360 version in sight! I've experienced this before but with PS3 versions of games not showing up in search results....what about you guys? 

Update: Amazon UK also has PS3 version ahead of 360 version on the chartz.

The reason I'm opening up this lame thread is to ask you guys if you've had a similar situation occur to you before, and if it has influenced your purchase decision. Also, what are the chances of the PS3 version outselling the 360 version on launch week? It's been 4 years since the release of GTA IV, PS3 version has been selling better than 360 ever since 2009.(according to VgChartz data). PS3 version is only a couple hundred thousand away from 360 version.(very impressive for a AAA franchise) PS2 owners have upgraded to an HD console. What are the chances that a large part of that GTA demographic is on the PS3? Am I just dreaming or could this actually be possible? If Sony could secure an exclusive launch bundle and/or timed-exclusive DLC I'd say it can be done.

Around the Network

If it releases next year then 360 version will sell better until 720 is out. 360 versions of games are more front loaded, PS3 version might eventually outsell LT but not right away.

I don't know. Maybe if the next Xbox is announced at E3 (or before), the PS3 version may outsell it LT.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Yes GTA V will sell more on PS3.

Could be though I guess legs will play a major role here, so if PS3's life is cut short it probably won't

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Could be though I guess legs will play a major role here, so if PS3's life is cut short it probably won't

What makes you think that'll happen?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Yes it will.

spurgeonryan said:
platformmaster918 said:
Barozi said:

What makes you think that'll happen?

Isn't the PS4 supposed to come before the 720?

Sony said they'll be supporting PS3 through 2015 at least.  Look at how big PS2 was after the next gen came out.  I don't see it hurting PS3 sales if PS4 comes out that Christmas which would be the earliest, especially considering PS4 probably won't have BC because of the Cell being abandoned.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

What did Grand Theft Auto 4 on 360 and PS3 sell?

It will - Europe will push it ahead and Microsoft doesn't have the same big advantage in the USA that they had when GTA4 was released.