By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quality =/= sales

I bought Resident Evil 6 cause you guys bought it... >_> .. 3 million can't be wrong..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
fmjasinski said:

I can't play more than 30 minutes!

That's subjective and ultimately irrelevant, what Pezus did was actually prove that man-bear-pig is more biased than him. (what some internet elders would call fayboy)

I didn't play Halo 4 yet but for me Killzone 2 is better than Halo: Reach.

Halo crushed both in quality.

pezus said:

Why do you think GT5 sells more than any Forza?

Because GT5 is a better game

People can't stop to play it... now Forza 4 nobody cares after few months.

pezus said:
I do not know, I think KZ2 is better than KZ3, even though KZ3 came out later.

I have to think a little... both are great.

Edit - K2 = better campaing, K3 = better multiplayer.

Around the Network
pezus said:

I agree. They're leagues apart. I don't think I even finished the story mode for KZ3, it was that poor.

Dallinor said:
pezus said:

I agree. They're leagues apart. I don't think I even finished the story mode for KZ3, it was that poor.

I think Gerrilha focused more in the Multiplayer in K3 but the story mode is not that bad... it's funny too.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:

i would say killzone 2 would get a lower score if it would release this week and not few years ago and would easily get less as kz 3. same with most other games from years ago. since you think the same about reviews beeing more harsh from year to year we can't really say that with this example

a better example would be forza 4 and gt 5, it released later and got still a higher score and is selling much less

But that has already been done ;o.

i know

but still, it's not really possible to compare the score of two games with such a release gap. but i think it would be great if a magazine would review older games a second time as if they would be new games, that would be fun. maybe the first year games of this gen. a game like condemned which has a meta of 81 would get maybe 50 or something haha

pezus said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Killzone 2 is not objectionably better than Halo 4. Halo 4 is being criticized more harshly that Killzone 2 was and is being held back on Metacritic by a few troll scores. If anything Halo 4 is a higher quality game than Killzone 2, but that's more of a taste thing since they both have good graphics and polished gameplay.

Perhaps Killzone as a franchise just doesn't appeal to people like Halo does. Maybe Killzone is too gray, brown, and gritty. Perhaps their enemies look to alike and the environments are too bleak. Maybe people like color and style and big open environments that let them attack from any angle. Maybe Halo sells so well because it just that good.

Killzone 2 has its fair share of troll scores as well. 

Why do you think GT5 sells more than any Forza?

Probably for the same reason that Madden outsold NFL2k before EA bought up the NFL liscense. Maddan had been around a lot longer and had an established loyal fanbase. NFL2k was a better game, but people were already in the habbit of buying Madden so they didn't even give NFL2k a chance.

Now with that said, Forza has actualy sold quite a lot. It has just done it with more games this gen than GT has. While GT has had 1 full game and one paid for demo, Forza has had 3 full games released this gen. I'm not going to count Forza Horrizon or GT PSP.

Forza 2 - 3.99m

Forza 3 - 5.13m

Forza 4 - 2.47m

GT 5P - 4.11m

GT 5 - 8.05m

Forza Total: 11.59m

GT Total: 12.16m

So when you look at it like that, GT has only outsold Forza this generation by 570,000 copies which could even be within the margin of error.

kain_kusanagi said:
Killzone 2 is not objectionably better than Halo 4. Halo 4 is being criticized more harshly that Killzone 2 was and is being held back on Metacritic by a few troll scores. If anything Halo 4 is a higher quality game than Killzone 2, but that's more of a taste thing since they both have good graphics and polished gameplay.

Perhaps Killzone as a franchise just doesn't appeal to people like Halo does. Maybe Killzone is too gray, brown, and gritty. Perhaps their enemies look to alike and the environments are too bleak. Maybe people like color and style and big open environments that let them attack from any angle. Maybe Halo sells so well because it just that good.

This is what I think made Killzone 2 great, but then people complain about it and then they made Killzone 3 with changes. Then guess what, not only killzone 3 got a lower meta. Sales where lower too. Go figures.

Still I enjoy both games 2 more then 3 though.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share