By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quality =/= sales

Ive played K3 co-op and it was the most boring game ive played in decades
And 3 Forza games get outsold by GT one and its prologue? VICTORY

Around the Network

kain_kusanagi said:

Probably for the same reason that Madden outsold NFL2k before EA bought up the NFL liscense. Maddan had been around a lot longer and had an established loyal fanbase. NFL2k was a better game, but people were already in the habbit of buying Madden so they didn't even give NFL2k a chance.

Now with that said, Forza has actualy sold quite a lot. It has just done it with more games this gen than GT has. While GT has had 1 full game and one paid for demo, Forza has had 3 full games released this gen. I'm not going to count Forza Horrizon or GT PSP.

Forza 2 - 3.99m

Forza 3 - 5.13m

Forza 4 - 2.47m

GT 5P - 4.11m

GT 5 - 8.05m

Forza Total: 11.59m

GT Total: 12.16m

So when you look at it like that, GT has only outsold Forza this generation by 570,000 copies which could even be within the margin of error.

The mistake here is that about 80% of the Forza 2 consumers bought Forza 3 and they will buy Forza 4.

So the real sales for comparison is less than 11.59m.. the unique users (fanbase) of Forza is something like ~6 million???

And both GT5:P and GT5 are heavly undertracked here.

Still, Forza clearly does a better job at giving GT a run for its money than KZ does to Halo.

ethomaz said:

The mistake here is that about 80% of the Forza 2 consumers bought Forza 3 and they will buy Forza 4.

So the real sales for comparison is less than 11.59m.. the unique users (fanbase) of Forza is something like ~6 million???

And both GT5:P and GT5 are heavly undertracked here.

there is no mistake, he said exactly that, gt has a bigger fanbase, that's why he used the madden example. as long as gt won't fail hard anytime it will never change, only if gt would be really really bad gt fans would maybe start to buy an xbox and forza games. so forza would have to be a 95 metascore game and gt a 65 or something^^

i think he listed the sales only to show that forza and gt are making the same money (we obviously don't know that exactly because of dlc, price reductions and so on)

crissindahouse said:

there is no mistake, he said exactly that, gt has a bigger fanbase, that's why he used the madden example. as long as gt won't fail hard anytime it will never change, only if gt would be really really bad gt fans would maybe start to buy an xbox and forza games. so forza would have to be a 95 metascore game and gt a 65 or something^^

i think he listed the sales only to show that forza and gt are making the same money (we obviously don't know that exactly because of dlc, price reductions and so on)

I got it now.

About sales... well what seems to profit more to you?

- 3 games selling 12 million
- 1 game selling 10 million

I think the cost to developer three games is more than developer one game plus the GT5:P paid the development cost of GT5... GT5 is just a money printer for Sony.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

crissindahouse said:

I got it now.

About sales... well what seems to profit more to you?

- 3 games selling 12 million
- 1 game selling 10 million

I think the cost to developer three games is more than developer one game plus the GT5:P paid the development cost of GT5... GT5 is just a money printer for Sony.

Do you even read what you post?

You should know better than anyone here how much GT5 cost.

thread creator keeps putting down forza for being bundled but forgets gran trurimo has long history of bundling and re releases

lurkerwithnosoul said:
Still, Forza clearly does a better job at giving GT a run for its money than KZ does to Halo.

this is true

Galaki said:

Yeap... make 1 game is more "cheaper" than 3 games and GT5 was sponsored by GT5: P.

GT5 is just profit for Sony.

ethomaz said:

Galaki said:

Yeap... make 1 game is more "cheaper" than 3 games and GT5 was sponsored by GT5: P.

GT5 is just profit for Sony.

Of course GT5 is cheaper. They recycled 80% of the cars from the previous game.