By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What 3rd party company is the worst?

What 3rd party company is the worst?

EA 55 42.97%

Activision 18 14.06%

Bethesda 13 10.16%

Capcom 13 10.16%

Square Enix 8 6.25%

Ubisoft 1 0.78%

THQ 5 3.91%

Sega 4 3.13%

Konami 2 1.56%

Other 8 6.25%

Total:127
sethnintendo said:
F0X said:
Take-Two owns Rockstar... and 2K Games. They should replace R* on the poll.

Yea, I messed that one up.  I suppose I can reset the poll but who should I put on there?  I'm running out of ideas.  I suppose I can just use Take Two unless I figure out another company soon.

Konami?

Konami, Namco Bandai, Valve (lol), Zynga, Gameloft, Warner Bros., Tecmo Koei, Telltale, Atlus... yeah that's about it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
sethnintendo said:
F0X said:
Take-Two owns Rockstar... and 2K Games. They should replace R* on the poll.

Yea, I messed that one up.  I suppose I can reset the poll but who should I put on there?  I'm running out of ideas.  I suppose I can just use Take Two unless I figure out another company soon.

Konami?

Konami, Namco Bandai, Valve (lol), Zynga, Gameloft, Warner Bros., Tecmo Koei, Telltale, Atlus... yeah that's about it.

Well, the poll got reset but at least I don't look like a complete idiot now.

Xxain said:
Why is SE & SEGA on the list? They havent done anything wrong. Everybody else makes sense because they screw consumers. When SEGA and SE make bad games they pay for it moreso than most other companies

Just put Sega up there because they have fallen from their 16 bit days.  Sonic isn't as big as he used to and they made a few bad Sonic games.  I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle GCN (which I loved) though so I can't really judge the recent quality.  I've been told there have been some bad Sonic games recently.

EA. So many reasons...

RolStoppable said:
This shouldn't be a contest. Electronic Arts is so bad that it already starts with their name.

I actually had to reset the poll because I got an email from EA stating that the early voting results weren't fair.

Around the Network

FF or Sonic not being as popular as they used to be isnt merit for them to be labeled worst 3rd party. Developers that actively screw consumers or those that make chronically bad games(Dynasty Warriors, Ninja bread man guys) should be the ppl listed as worst developers

Xxain said:
FF or Sonic not being as popular as they used to be isnt merit for them to be labeled worst 3rd party. Developers that actively screw consumers or those that make chronically bad games(Dynasty Warriors, Ninja bread man guys) should be the ppl listed as worst developers

I understand where you are coming from (companies like Zynga, Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai perhaps deserve to be up there more)  but some people might not like Sega (probably not many).  I was trying to expose them to Smeags.  Also, didn't Square Enix release a few FF games that sucked?  I know there is some hate for a few current gen FF games.  I remember a lot of people dissing FFXIII.

Oh. If we are trying to bring SEGA haters light. Then leave them in the poll.

I voted Square Enix. They insisted on releasing a sequel to a badly received game and now they are releasing yet another one. Square Enix doesn't care about their fans in the slightest. American or Japanese.
Plus how Versus XIII has been delayed(or cancelled?) and Type-0 not making it to America or Europe.

I was one of those stupid enough to have enough faith in Square Enix to buy XIII-2. I wasn't crazy about a sequel but hey, it was Final Fantasy and I needed my fix.
I won't even think twice about buying Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. XIII-2 wasn't horrible but it isn't worth yet another sequel. 

We need new Final Fantasy with new characters, setting and maybe even gameplay.

VGKing said:
I voted Square Enix. They insisted on releasing a sequel to a badly received game and now they are releasing yet another one. Square Enix doesn't care about their fans in the slightest. American or Japanese.
Plus how Versus XIII has been delayed(or cancelled?) and Type-0 not making it to America or Europe.

They've had a lot of succesful games... FFXIII wasn't badly recieved either it was mixed.

Plus They Released the games that have been sucessful critically and commercially in the past 2 years.
Deus Ex (while changing many things because of what fans said), Sleeping Dogs (adding many things listening to fans), Kingdom Hearts Games, Dissidia, Chaos Rings 2 and others.

With some new ones coming/came out. Bravely Default, Hitman.

Type-0 was because of PSP (which there just arent' that many people that are fans of PSP). Now should they bring it over.
But again sony has Last Guardian. And they didn't bring over Demon Soul's. Do they not care about their fans either?

Now you can go blahbliblah blah there japan part has doing bad. But that's not square-enix as a whole.