By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY2012 Earnings Announcement * $198m loss, 3.5m PS3 + PS2, 1.6m PSV + PSP *

Tagged games:

I do not think the PS3 is above 69m but in the range of 68.5m-69m. Sales are down YoY but SS shipments.

Around the Network

I think the PS3 has already surpassed the 360 in shipments.

Heavenly_King said:

No way but it's close... 1 million or less.

Max King of the Wild said:
PDF said:
What are the companies that carry plans for Sony's smartphone?

I have at&t and got an xpheria play through them.

edit:  I see your question already got answered.

unfortunatly I'm not going to spend 100 dollars a month fo the service plan.

69.99 for 3GB of data.. and unlimited mobile to mobile plus 300 mins for landlines..

mM
leo-j said:
PDF said:
What are the companies that carry plans for Sony's smartphone?

I have at&t and got an xpheria play through them.

edit:  I see your question already got answered.

unfortunatly I'm not going to spend 100 dollars a month fo the service plan.

69.99 for 3GB of data.. and unlimited mobile to mobile plus 300 mins for landlines..

I don't know what you are looking at but the cheapest plan att.com has is 99.99 for the phone plus 40 dollars/mo for the 1g plan plus 45 dollars/mo per phone plus 10 dollars/mo for the insurance plus plus a 36 dollar activation fee plus tax... forcing me to spend 236 today and 95 dollars per month for the plan

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

No chance in hell Sony would let that just pass by without issuing a press release crowing about it from every rooftop. It's not like they have a ton of other good news to focus on. 

When/if it happens expect them to make a decent sized fuss about it. 

Soundwave said:
Heavenly_King said:

No chance in hell Sony would let that just pass by without issuing a press release crowing about it from every rooftop. It's not like they have a ton of other good news to focus on. 

When/if it happens expect them to make a decent sized fuss about it. 

The reactions on this site are also going to be priceless.

im just baffled with the ps2 shipments. will it ever stop selling?

I though that this year the PS2 would stop selling and stop production next year, but I should rethink that.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

OneHappyGamer:) said:
Xxain said:
Heavenly_King said:
BluGamer23 said:
the end is nigh ... I wonder what this means for sony and its ps4... surely its going to be 10x more powerful than the wiiU right?.. right?..

I expect the leap from PS3 -> PS4 to be the same as PS2 -> PS3.  I would say PS4 will be 10x more powerful than the PS3, and about 5-6x more powerful than the WiiU spec wise.

Xxpectations are born from something. Where do yours come from? The nice tech advance that allowed the large tech jump from PS2 - PS3, is that even possible currently? Not just technology but financially? SONY could handle PS3 as they dominating back then. Now they are far from it. 10x more powerful sounds more like a pipe dream that a realistic xxpectation. More like 3x more powerful which would be fine.

This. and its not like its going to be a bad thing that its only 3x as powerful. I don't think huge power upgrades are worth it anymore.

Exactly my thoughts.. release a very high end console sony and it will be a very interesting thing to watch!.. they no longer have the profits from the PS2 to ride on!.. I cannot wait for the announcement!