By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Supply passes demand!?

Darc Requiem said:

While I despise GWB as much as anyone, I don't get that paragraph. Before President Dunce was in office, if any sort of conflict happened in the world. The U.S. was expected to come to the rescue. I remember Yugoslavia and I'm glad we went over there to help stop the genocide, but Yugoslavia was European country. Why couldn't Europe take the lead with the US assisting and not vice versa. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. When ever something goes down, either the US has do something about it or other nations twiddle their thumbs while chiding us for doing nothing. The US didn't intervene in Rwanda nor Sudan and did any other nations step in our stead? Nope, but those same nations will be looking at the US wondering when we'll do something the next time a crisis arises. 

Okay no more of topic rants for me for today. As for the topic, it seems like the same people that were up in arms about the Wii's "lack" of units are the very same ones saying the Wii is in trouble because Nintendo recently shipped a large supply of units to retailers. Seems like they are damned if they do and damned if they don't as well. 

OT

Becuase that conflict wasn't that easy, more important the inroad to yugoslavia was a little bit lat. We should have stopped the bosnian war, the kosovo war escalated because of the american attack. It is still not ok down there meanwhile bosnian, croatia have even when the fighted on there own succeded to rebuild themselves. USA and some nations in EU are to happy to us weapons, and some other nations are a little bit to weak when it comes to use weapons.

By the way I am anti USA because of that USA have so much double morale:

We can't trade with Cuba because they are communist but it is ok to trade with China that is so much worse.

Otherwise I love USA, works for an American company and want to buy an american car

Back to thread,

Is it only USA and Germany that have recived stock? Sweden is still out of stock (except that store that tries to sell Wii for 25% more than the usual price).

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kwaad said:

I do NOT like PC games. I was hoping for this generation of consoles to basically take out the PC side of games. If the Wii wins this generation, the PC will become the dominate mature game platform agian. And that is *BAD*. I feel. I feel that if the Wii wins, it will effect my gameing experience, in a negative way. If the 360, or PS3 wins, it will effect it in a positive way.

You do NOT like PC games? What a joke, Kwaad.

You keep saying how epic Oblivion is. You keep saying how hardcore X3 is. Your dream game is a mix of Oblivion, X3, Sims and a tycoon game, basically your dream game are some PC games melted together. The game you are dreaming of won't be ever released on a console. The only platform that could see such a game is the PC.

You want HD, you want the best AI, you want the best physics. Everything you want speaks in favor of PCs, not any of the consoles.

Get a brandnew PC, sell your consoles, leave this forum. You don't belong here Kwaad. You aren't a videogamer, it's time for you to realize it.

Ok simple reason. I dont like playing games on a PC, the PC was never designed for it, they are WAAY too expensive, and you have to update them every 2-3 years.

Basically instead of buying a 600$ PS3 every 6-10 years, you buy a 1200$ computer ever 2-3 years. So that means over the 8 years the PS3 could survive... you are looking at having 3 computers, vs 1 PS3.

That means 3600$ vs 600$ (if your unit dont fry during this time, but I have never lost a console)

The PC effectivly costs 6x as much as the PS3 over a 'compltete' generation.

Second. I dont like keyboard mouse controls. Personal prefrence. I can do everything on the PS3 I can on the PC. Including Keyboard/Mouse.

The PS3 has the power to become the cheap gaming computer group. The 360 has the power to push the PC market smaller. The Wii will enlarge the PC market.

EDIT: I cant buy a faster computer than what I have. I need to wait for new hardware to be released... to spend another 1300$ like I did 6 months ago. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:

The Wii will enlarge the PC market.

Ehh why? and how does that hurt the industry?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

staticneuron said:

People curious about how itrackr works...it is just a fancier version of the XBOX 360 In-Store Inventory Tracker

Made by the same person http://untitlednet.com/blogtopic.aspx?id=83

My associations are through untitlednet.

Related incident of creator about stock flags:

So I drive down to the Sawgrass BestBuy here, all excited and anxious, I quickly looked for an employee in the videogame section. I asked “Do you guys have any Xbox 360? Did you get them today?”, and he just shook his head, “no”, all through my sentence. I asked him to please check the computer to see if it shows up in the inventory. I was almost certain it would show up…..

I stood while he checked the computer in front of me. He typed “xbox 360” what looked like a web site driven store inventory and the results came back negative. He said, “See?”. So my excitement was killed and I was now pissed. I decided to go play the kiosk, but then said to my self to give it another try with someone else.
I looked for another guy in the music section, told him that the online site shows that this store has em’ in stock. He said that he was certain they weren’t in-stock, but he’ll look it up for me on the computer. Unlike the last guy, this guy actually selected the “Video Game / Hardware” category in the inquiry and the Premium & Core sku’s were displayed.

He clicked on the Core system and he said “Nope, none in stock”. I told him to go back and try the Premium. We both looked at the screen and my eyes lit up when I saw “On Hand: 6”. Then he says, “Hmmm... Let me check the back, I don’t remember them coming in.”

So I’m all happy again as I followed him to the “Employees Only” double door. Moments later, he returns shaking his head, “Nope, none are back there.” This is when I’m thinking to myself: “All week and my app didn’t alarm till now... I don’t believe him.

I asked him if there was a manager present, and he pointed me to the customer service area. I stopped the manager and said to him, “I know the 360 is a hot item, and you guys haven’t had em’ in stock for awhile, but your online inventory is showing that you have six. My phone even alerted me.” He said, “Well, I’m the inventory manager so I would know and I don’t believe they came in yet – but I’ll check the system.”

We both go over to the same computer the last guy checked it on and the last employe was there too. But this time, he was checking the xbox 360 for someone else! Another dood was there having him checked to see. The dood (I forgot his name) said that he’s been calling BB’s every day and he came all the way from Miami because the person on the phone told him their computers say it’s in stock. I laughed and said “See? I’m not crazy.”

The manager said, “Let me check our inventory.” So we both follow the employee and manager to the restricted double doors. While they were in there, I was just picturing them coming back out with two shiny premium boxes. They come back….. empty handed.

”There’s nothing there guys, but maybe we’re getting them in very soon.”, the manager said. And then, when the employee walks off, he says to us “Look guys, I’m going to step way across the line here, but we have four and we’ll be selling them tomorrow… be here 10 AM”

Now I’m like WHAT? Can’t you just remove them from your pc and I give you the money now? He says “No I really can’t do that”. The dood and I tried to convince him, but no luck. I guess this store is only allowed to sell them the day after.

So the dood and I leave, and he told me how he’s going to be there etc etc. I’m still little disappointed he didn’t get to get one, since he drove from Miami and all. But at the same time, I’m really happy to see that my app worked like a charm. I hope it gets you guys a 360! Good luck!

http://untitlednet.com/blogtopic.aspx?id=7

Success stories

http://untitlednet.com/comments.aspx

And the reason you see no new articles is due to both Itrackr and a site/direction redesign

Coolest part of the above story?  I know *exactly* where they're talking about.  I mean, I hate that Best Buy!  The guys there suck as far as customer service is concerned, and the Circuit City or Comp USA across the street generally have whatever I need anyway.  Plus, they have an easier parking lot to get in/out of.

Man, I miss South Florida.

well, getting back to the subject, kwaad, you've really got to think about the possibility that there could be a chaineffect in this matter. if somebody buys a wii and invite home his friends to play, and they really like it and start thinking "hey i want one of these myself" and goes to the store and buys a wii....and then he invite home some friends, and the whole thing repeats. a very smart move by nintendo really , cause I can't possible think about playing on the wii alone, i wanna play wii sports tennis with my mates, or boxing or golf, don't you all agree? and then they get a grip around the controle and like it, perheps buys it...

Around the Network
He300 said:
well, getting back to the subject, kwaad, you've really got to think about the possibility that there could be a chaineffect in this matter. if somebody buys a wii and invite home his friends to play, and they really like it and start thinking "hey i want one of these myself" and goes to the store and buys a wii....and then he invite home some friends, and the whole thing repeats. a very smart move by nintendo really , cause I can't possible think about playing on the wii alone, i wanna play wii sports tennis with my mates, or boxing or golf, don't you all agree? and then they get a grip around the controle and like it, perheps buys it...

I think a lot of Wii's are being sold this way. The product markets itself through social interaction. 

If supply surpasses demand Itracker will show 100%. That means the market wants fewer units then they are producing. We're not even close to this yet. Imagine a Wii pyramid in every store across the country. You know like the PS3 pyramids that are all over the place.

robjoh said:
Darc Requiem said:

While I despise GWB as much as anyone, I don't get that paragraph. Before President Dunce was in office, if any sort of conflict happened in the world. The U.S. was expected to come to the rescue. I remember Yugoslavia and I'm glad we went over there to help stop the genocide, but Yugoslavia was European country. Why couldn't Europe take the lead with the US assisting and not vice versa. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. When ever something goes down, either the US has do something about it or other nations twiddle their thumbs while chiding us for doing nothing. The US didn't intervene in Rwanda nor Sudan and did any other nations step in our stead? Nope, but those same nations will be looking at the US wondering when we'll do something the next time a crisis arises. 

Okay no more of topic rants for me for today. As for the topic, it seems like the same people that were up in arms about the Wii's "lack" of units are the very same ones saying the Wii is in trouble because Nintendo recently shipped a large supply of units to retailers. Seems like they are damned if they do and damned if they don't as well. 

OT

Becuase that conflict wasn't that easy, more important the inroad to yugoslavia was a little bit lat. We should have stopped the bosnian war, the kosovo war escalated because of the american attack. It is still not ok down there meanwhile bosnian, croatia have even when the fighted on there own succeded to rebuild themselves. USA and some nations in EU are to happy to us weapons, and some other nations are a little bit to weak when it comes to use weapons.

By the way I am anti USA because of that USA have so much double morale:

We can't trade with Cuba because they are communist but it is ok to trade with China that is so much worse.

Otherwise I love USA, works for an American company and want to buy an american car

Back to thread,

Is it only USA and Germany that have recived stock? Sweden is still out of stock (except that store that tries to sell Wii for 25% more than the usual price).

Part of the reason we don't trade with Cuba is because Castro allowed Russia to put NUCLEAR MISSILES on their island well within range of America. Basically we can't trust Castro as a result and therefore it's quite difficult to negotiate with the man. China on the other hand is a tad more reasonable.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Stof is right, you could save yourself a lot of hand-wringing.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

jman8 said:
Part of the reason we don't trade with Cuba is because Castro allowed Russia to put NUCLEAR MISSILES on their island well within range of America. Basically we can't trust Castro as a result and therefore it's quite difficult to negotiate with the man. China on the other hand is a tad more reasonable.

Funny that Cuba and all their embargo's and stuff, is doing better than Hati, Our super close ally that keeps and eye on cuba for us.

The Wii will help the PC market becuase PC gamers are moving to the PS3/360. Consoles like the Wii push them back to the PC.

I perfer to play my games on a console. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!